Just milkshakes at Johnny Rockets?

• 1 month later...

On Harmony, I usually got them to go, but as the cruise went on and the staff knew me, they also offered me a seat at the bar to enjoy the shake. BTW, they also do malted shakes.

Does anyone know if the shakes are included in the Refreshment package on Wonder of the Seas? 

That does sound like a waste of time thanks @mojomanny for that info, I expect real ice cream from a 50s style restaurant.  I really liked the chili there.  Didn't care for much else but the chili.  Hopefully I don't find out it's not real meat lol.  Hell I'd probably still eat it.

1 hour ago, Ejd1971 said:

On the Harmony last month, I watched them make malts with scooped ice cream from a tub, not soft serve.

It would be nice if they were doing that.  But using flavored syrup instead of real chocolate or strawberries still doesn't cut it (in my opinion)

• Like 2

On 3/17/2022 at 12:15 PM, xxHadleyxx said:

I'm not sure if they would let you sit at a table to get only shakes, but you can order them to go without dining there otherwise.

We always sit at a table and drink our milkshakes - with no food ordered.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/12/2022 at 9:26 PM, mojomanny said:

The milk shakes are a waste of time .. milk, soft serve and flavored syrup ... not worth the calories

On Allure in March and ended up getting 2 shakes over the week, thinking the first one was just a poor quality outlier.  Was not an outlier, as they both  were only slightly glorified chocolate milk.

Eddie

On 5/13/2022 at 7:06 PM, mojomanny said:

It would be nice if they were doing that.  But using flavored syrup instead of real chocolate or strawberries still doesn't cut it (in my opinion)

The first time we ate at JR many years ago DH (a devout chocoholic) was horrified to find that they make their chocolate shakes with vanilla ice cream. 

• Haha 2

Was just on Anthem, the milkshakes were part of the refreshment package, but so not worth it. They were very small, liquidfied & no whipped cream (actually, I don't think the ship had whipped cream at all because they kept apologizing for not having it when getting my frap coffee too). No excuse for being melted either considering it was cold outside.

12 hours ago, yvonnedb said:

Was just on Anthem, the milkshakes were part of the refreshment package, but so not worth it. They were very small, liquidfied & no whipped cream (actually, I don't think the ship had whipped cream at all because they kept apologizing for not having it when getting my frap coffee too). No excuse for being melted either considering it was cold outside.

Very sad to hear that they can't make a good milkshake.  If JR's was open for breakfast, which seems to be a Covid casualty at this point, I would have gotten one of the maple 🍁 bacon 🥓 ones.

7 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Very sad to hear that they can't make a good milkshake.  If JR's was open for breakfast, which seems to be a Covid casualty at this point, I would have gotten one of the maple 🍁 bacon 🥓 ones.

That would've been an interesting one! Unless I missed it somehow though, it wasn't available - it was just the standard flavors including Oreo (which we both had).

11 minutes ago, yvonnedb said:

That would've been an interesting one! Unless I missed it somehow though, it wasn't available - it was just the standard flavors including Oreo (which we both had).

It's on their breakfast menu.  But I don't think that JR's have been open on many ships  for breakfast post Covid.  Saw it posted on the breakfast menu on a YouTube video.

• 1 year later...

We just cruised on Anthem 24-31MARCH24.  We were allowed to use our C&A benefit to get one(1) shake each.  We were told we had to pay full price for every shake after that.  We explained we had the deluxe drink package and the crew member was adamant about shakes not being included in the drink package.   Disappointing as my family are huge JR shake fans.

On 4/13/2024 at 6:40 PM, FYRFYTRE6 said:

We just cruised on Anthem 24-31MARCH24.  We were allowed to use our C&A benefit to get one(1) shake each.  We were told we had to pay full price for every shake after that.  We explained we had the deluxe drink package and the crew member was adamant about shakes not being included in the drink package.   Disappointing as my family are huge JR shake fans.

Just checked on the RCCL website and it clearly states Johnny Rocket shakes ARE included in the Deluxe Drink Pkg!