COVID Test Question

cruzluver2

We are sailing Carnival Sunshine March 28.  We are fully vaccinated and booster.  It is my u understanding we can test Friday before our cruise on Monday.  I asked Carnival customer service and she said Saturday.  It has to be 48 hrs or less.  Does anyone know for sure?  

We cruise the 27th and are testing Thurs the 24th(vaxx'd and boosted as well).  That customer rep needs to brush up on the current policy.  From Carnival website:

"IMPORTANT NOTE: Effective with sailings departing as of March 1, guests who are up to date with their vaccines may take their test within three days prior to sailing. Up to date means a person has received all recommended COVID-19 vaccinations, including any booster dose(s), when eligible. If a guest is fully vaccinated but not up to date with their vaccines (i.e., is eligible for a booster but has not received one), they must take their pre-cruise COVID-19 test within two days prior to sailing."

Edited by CruzCra-Z
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cruzluver2 said:

I asked Carnival customer service and she said Saturday.  It has to be 48 hrs or less.  Does anyone know for sure?  

Can I also clarify, they count days, not hours (I've tested out that policy twice recently by testing right at midnight on the earliest day possible, and they never questioned my test result docs).

1 hour ago, cellfree said:

We tested Thursday 17th for Sunday 20th - was nice to do it three days prior - fully vaccinated.

Same with us. Packing now to fly down to Tampa tomorrow morning.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cellfree said:

We tested Thursday 17th for Sunday 20th - was nice to do it three days prior - fully vaccinated.

If you're only fully vaccinated, you tested too early. You need to be up to date to test 3 days prior to embarkation.

2 minutes ago, WorkerBee74 said:

UP TO DATE means boosted.  It means you have had every possible vaccination that you are able to have.  This may some day mean 4, but right now it means 3.  

Oh goodness, I did not use proper terminology, should have said “up to date” as opposed to “fully vaccinated.” We are UP TO DATE. So all is well. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, cellfree said:

Oh goodness, I did not use proper terminology, should have said “up to date” as opposed to “fully vaccinated.” We are UP TO DATE. So all is well. 

Excellent! I just didn't want there to be any nasty surprises for you at embarkation. Enjoy your cruise.