Cabin picture on website

csoud68

When booking my spa suite I have since found that the picture they provide of the suite  doesnt match at all with what my cabin actually looks like.

I feel this is absolutely dishonest. Will carnival help me with this? I wouldn't have booked the room if I'd known what it actually looks like.

Edited by csoud68

If you explore the deck plans on the carnival website and click on a room, you'll see this: "All images are representative of staterooms. Actual configurations may vary." 

There's probably something in the cruise contract waiving them of any liability for your room not looking exactly like a picture. 

• Like 1

Hi

Those picture are just stock representations. That would be why they all look the same no matter which ship. It would be the same for hotel room pictures. There is no intention to be deceptive and I don't know what you would expect Carnival to do for you.

There are some web sites where you can see actual pictures/or video of specific cabins. Many pictures of cabin interiors are posted on this site by contributors.  

If you take cruise and deck and plans and add it together with a .com you will get a website that may or may not give you specific photos of your cabin. I don't book a single cruise without going there first. What they do have is user uploaded so they are not representations but actual pics of the cabins.

• Like 3

Did you try going on YouTube to find your cabin sometimes there may be exact or a different room number. I look at deck plans then look for the cabin number on other sites if I can’t find it I can’t find it for me looking at the deck plans above and below and coming to cruise critic helps. I don’t see how carnival is dishonest. Research research!

• Like 1

Ditto all the above comments.  The photo you see on the Carnival web site is "representative" of the stateroom.  

siestakeys04 had a good suggestion.  Before I book my cruise, I look on YouTube for a video tour of that stateroom, 99% of the time, I find my stateroom on that web site.  A special thank you to everyone who takes the time and effort to post these videos.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. I'll just see if I can switch to another room, that is in same class that is on the other side of the ship.  I think they will accommodate me for the chunk of change I spent.

2 hours ago, csoud68 said:

Thanks everyone. I'll just see if I can switch to another room, that is in same class that is on the other side of the ship.  I think they will accommodate me for the chunk of change I spent.

What was actually different about the room you booked  you didn't like?

I am in a spa suite on the new ship and there is a wardrobe against the wall between the bed and the living area..

It sticks out far and is big..when its on that side of the room and that location it just tightens everything up and u lose flow into the rear of the room toward thr verandah..you also are staring at thr wardrobe as u are in bed..

There is an exact replica of that room available on the Port side that has the wardrobe on the side of the bed nearest the entrance to the room..

We can switch with no fees...it worked out..