Embarkation Lunch Inquiries

gkthorn

Right now, I’m being told boarding won’t begin until 12:30. But this is 85 days from now. If true, what hours can I expect the MDR to be open for lunch on embarkation day?

In March, on CB, I couldn’t find the right DR and used my medallion to order a chicken salad sandwich. It may have come from the International cafe. It was good but took 45 minutes to find me. 

9 minutes ago, BamaVol said:

Right now, I’m being told boarding won’t begin until 12:30. But this is 85 days from now. If true, what hours can I expect the MDR to be open for lunch on embarkation day?

I remember reading here a similar question and the response was that the MDR is still open regular hours (noon to 1:30) for two reasons:  there are in-transit passengers on board and extending the hours impacts the set up for the dinner service.  Hopefully someone with recent personal experience will chime in.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, capriccio said:

I remember reading here a similar question and the response was that the MDR is still open regular hours (noon to 1:30) for two reasons:  there are in-transit passengers on board and extending the hours impacts the set up for the dinner service.  Hopefully someone with recent personal experience will chime in.

For the Alaskan season on the Discovery 

the lunch times for embarkation day and all sea days is 11:30 to 1:00. Rooms are usually not ready till 1:00. I have been on for the last 2 weeks

Edited by memoak

4 minutes ago, memoak said:

For the Alaskan season on the Discovery 

the lunch times for embarkation day and all sea days is 11:30 to 1:00. Rooms are usually not ready till 1:00. I have been on for the last 2 weeks

I saw your earlier post and wondered what time has embarkation started? 

1 hour ago, capriccio said:

I saw your earlier post and wondered what time has embarkation started? 

There were people on as early as 11:00 as I recall. I lot of people hanging around the piazza with suitcases and backpacks   Al  as o it should be noted that there are tons of first timers who just don’t know how to cruise. Last night there were people trying to get into the reserve dining room since they saw empty tables and tried to argue that it was unfair that they had to wait for a table in the regular dining room. Everyone seemed to go to champagne waterfall and then went to dinner

Edited by memoak

Just now, memoak said:

There were people on as early as 11:00 as I recall. I lot of people hanging around the piazza with suitcases and backpacks   Al  as o it should be noted that there are tons of first timers who just don’t know how to cruise. Last night there were people trying to get into the reserve dining room since they saw empty tables and tried to argue that it was unfair that they had to wait for a table in the regular dining room. Everyone seemed to go to champagne waterfall and then went to dinner

What is the reserve dining room? I thought that all 3 dining rooms are for reservations and walk ins?

5 hours ago, Nicole&Pete said:

What is the reserve dining room? I thought that all 3 dining rooms are for reservations and walk ins?

It is a section of one of the main dining rooms set aside for those in full suites and reserve (formerly Club Class) mini-suites.

On 3/20/2022 at 9:09 PM, rj59 said:

There usually is an embarkation lunch, but they don't publicize it and try to send everyone to the buffet. A good alternative is Alfredo's, if there's one on your ship, since there's a good variety of Italian food and pizza. The other option is to use the app to order food and drinks wherever you're at, which I've found is a good way to avoid overeating at the buffet before dinner. 

That's the truth, just got off the Crown, when I embarked I asked if one of the dining rooms was open for lunch and was told that only the Lido deck options were open.

39 minutes ago, edgeman61 said:

That's the truth, just got off the Crown, when I embarked I asked if one of the dining rooms was open for lunch and was told that only the Lido deck options were open.

I was on the Crown last month and one dining room was open.

Hopefully you found it. It was Deck 6, center.

Edited by Coral

1 hour ago, edgeman61 said:

It will be whichever MDR has the Club Class (now called Reserve) dining area, usually deck 6 center. The location is also listed on the back page of the Patter (now called Events Listing or something similar).

2 hours ago, edgeman61 said:

Was on the Crown for B2B cruises in May. Da Vinci Dining Room (deck 6 midship) was open each sailing from 12:00 to 1:30 for lunch. Main menu includes Salmon and Beef Medallions.