Royal Naval Dockyard to Jobson's Cove

a3593

31 minutes ago, a3593 said:

Has anyone done this?  If so, how did you travel? (Taxi, shuttle, etc)  Would you recommend it?

I have been there a few times. I have done it by public taxi, bus and minibus.  From the west entrance to Warwick, Jobsons is  just to the west (right when facing the ocean). I do it as part of walking from Warwick Long bay and Horseshoe Bay. A beautiful walk with a lot of coves. Jobsen's is very good but since there are no amenities I don't spend long there. People like it because there is no surf so good if you have small children. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, a3593 said:

Has anyone done this?  If so, how did you travel? (Taxi, shuttle, etc)  Would you recommend it?

Its just a bit past Horseshoe Bay-- I believe you would need to take a private taxi. I don't remember any  shuttles going there from Dockyard. 

And the beach you end up at is essentially Warwick Long Bay. Frankly I think Horseshoe is a nicer beach with more services. Jobson's is nice if you have small kids and want something thats very enclosed. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

Its just a bit past Horseshoe Bay-- I believe you would need to take a private taxi. I don't remember any  shuttles going there from Dockyard. 

And the beach you end up at is essentially Warwick Long Bay. Frankly I think Horseshoe is a nicer beach with more services. Jobson's is nice if you have small kids and want something thats very enclosed. 

The minibus shuttle drivers were taking people there for an extra $1 in 2019 but it was on request. They dropped people at Horseshoe and then took me to Warwick. i prefer taxi's now myself but I have also done the public bus. I highly recommend the walk from Warwick to Horseshoe, that is the only reason I would spend time at Jobsons. I almost always do that walk when in Bermuda. For people with small kids there is relatively enclosed cove at the west end of Horseshoe that is good. I think people like Jobsons because there is no one there but in the last few years before covid is was becoming more crowded because people heard about it on CC or social media. It was once sort of a secret for people in the know or thought they were in the know but not really anymore at least immediately pre covid. Unfortunately it stunk because it was full of seaweed in 2019. If there is seaweed they clean it off at Horseshoe but not at the other beaches.

c - 1.jpeg

Edited by Charles4515
  • Thanks 1

On 3/22/2022 at 9:59 AM, Charles4515 said:

I have been there a few times. I have done it by public taxi, bus and minibus.  From the west entrance to Warwick, Jobsons is  just to the west (right when facing the ocean). I do it as part of walking from Warwick Long bay and Horseshoe Bay. A beautiful walk with a lot of coves. Jobsen's is very good but since there are no amenities I don't spend long there. People like it because there is no surf so good if you have small children. 

this is a "beach walk"?  thanks i am like most here probably , just starting to plan my time on the island

2 hours ago, charlie murphy said:

this is a "beach walk"?  thanks i am like most here probably , just starting to plan my time on the island

Between Warwick Long and Horseshoe Bay it is about 1.25 miles along the south shore. Most of the walk is on the beach but some of it is up behind the beach. Elbow is in the middle.   

• Thanks 1