Edge Class Dining - How does it work?

Islander500

Hello all, 

I just booked my first cruise in two years after sailing on most if not all Celebrity ships, but it's our first on the EDGE class ships.  I am totally confused as to how you choose (or are assigned?) what restaurant (not specialty, just the regular ones) to go to on which day.  I can't seem to find how it works on the Celebrity website, either.  Would appreciate any help from those in the know!  Thank you.  

If you have Select dining, you'll choose one of the four MDRs and show up for dinner when you want within the open hours (something like 5:30-9). With Select, you can make reservations in the Cruise Planner, but they are not required. I am not sure if there's a first/second seating as well.

Edited by hrhdhd

To add to the above, if you booked traditional early or late seating, you will be assigned a table in one of the 4 restaurants. You will find out where that is when you board. That is where you will dine each night.

Edited by RichYak

5 minutes ago, hrhdhd said:

If you have Select dining, you'll choose one of the four MDRs and show up for dinner when you want within the open hours (something like 5:30-9). With Select, you can make reservations in the Cruise Planner, but they are not required. I am not sure if there's a first/second seating as well.

Thanks, that helps.  I tried to make reservations in the cruise planner but all the restaurants were graded out, probably because we don't have Select Dining.  But there was no explanation nor telling people what to do if you have an assigned seating as to which restaurant to go to. Unless its a free-for-all with everyone going wherever they please each night, which sounds like a mess. 😵 

3 minutes ago, RichYak said:

To add to the above, if you booked traditional early or late seating, you will be assigned a table in one of the 4 restaurants. You will find out where that is when you board. That is where you will dine each night.

Got it. Thank you.  Would be so easy to just let you know that's how it works on the website. 🤐  

If you booked direct with Celebrity you should have received a Booking Confirmation-Guest Copy.  Look at the 2nd section: GUEST INFORMATION 

it shows your dining info.  Cel SELT MEANS YOU HAVE Select Dining.  I believe traditional fixed shows as Cel TRAD with at time.   Then you have a set dining time.  The info on your dining room and Table will be in your cabin when you board.

If you booked with a TA they can tell you which dining  category they put you in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

If you booked direct with Celebrity you should have received a Booking Confirmation-Guest Copy.  Look at the 2nd section: GUEST INFORMATION 

it shows your dining info.  Cel SELT MEANS YOU HAVE Select Dining.  I believe traditional fixed shows as Cel TRAD with at time.   Then you have a set dining time.  The info on your dining room and Table will be in your cabin when you board.

If you booked with a TA they can tell you which dining  category they put you in.

Interesting.  Mine says 8:30PM(Cel SLCT) Thank you! 

I think even if you are assigned early or late dining to a particular dining room you can make a request to the maître de to be seated in one of the other main dining rooms on a space available basis for a change of scenery and to taste the special menus in other three dining rooms.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, dreamer321 said:

I think even if you are assigned early or late dining to a particular dining room you can make a request to the maître de to be seated in one of the other main dining rooms on a space available basis for a change of scenery and to taste the special menus in other three dining rooms.

The special menu items can be ordered in any of the 4 MDRs.  You can be in Tuscan and order the special items from Cosmopolitan, Normandy, or Cypress.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Our first cruise on the Edge series is coming up in April.  We called and were able to make not only Specialty restaurants but each of the regular dining rooms that we wanted.  So far I am loving dealing with Celebrity!

On Apex a few weeks ago, there was no traditional dining You went to any of the four main dining rooms whenever you cared to and I never had a wait. If you are in a large party you probably should make arrangements with the madre’de.

Of course we had only about 65% passenger capacity and as the numbers go up, this will probably change.

Edited by TN Vol Fan

59 minutes ago, TN Vol Fan said:

On Apex a few weeks ago, there was no traditional dining You went to any of the four main dining rooms whenever you cared to and I never had a wait. If you are in a large party you probably should make arrangements with the madre’de.

Of course we had only about 65% passenger capacity and as the numbers go up, this will probably change.

Thanks, wonderful to know. Our cruise is in a few weeks so maybe we will have the same experience.    

1 hour ago, Dar & Bob said:

Our first cruise on the Edge series is coming up in April.  We called and were able to make not only Specialty restaurants but each of the regular dining rooms that we wanted.  So far I am loving dealing with Celebrity!

Wow!  So you were just recently able to make those reservations very recently or was it sometime back?  All the specialty restaurants are booked until 9PM right now for our April cruise. 😑

6 minutes ago, Islander500 said:

Wow!  So you were just recently able to make those reservations very recently or was it sometime back?  All the specialty restaurants are booked until 9PM right now for our April cruise. 😑

It was a couple of weeks ago, right after final payment.  We weren't able to get the steak house but were told we might be able to once on board. Our cruise is April 17th and is only a 5 day.