Bank of America Royal credit card OBC

Have points I am about to redeem for OBC. Not sure I will use the full amount even after putting them to use for daily gratuity charges. Do you get the unused amount credited back after the cruise or is it lost?

Yes, they will return your unused OBC balance from Bank of America CC. We had some credit from our TA that was not refundable. Just check your account when you are onboard and it will tell you which credits are refundable and which are not.

3 minutes ago, coaster said:

Have points I am about to redeem for OBC. Not sure I will use the full amount even after putting them to use for daily gratuity charges. Do you get the unused amount credited back after the cruise or is it lost?

It is credited back to your card, and they will deduct the double points along with the credit. It is better to cash it out if you can. :classic_smile:

Trying to build up more on Bank of America CC before our b2b leaving April 30th. Statement closure date is a little over 2 weeks prior to sailing. Will  the credit show up in time if I redeem right after the closure date?

9 minutes ago, coaster said:

Trying to build up more on Bank of America CC before our b2b leaving April 30th. Statement closure date is a little over 2 weeks prior to sailing. Will  the credit show up in time if I redeem right after the closure date?

No idea. But sometimes if you call them, it will be processed and show up sooner. 

• Like 1

I had extra OBC on my cruise in 2020. I was able to go down to guest services on the last full day and pull out cash (I just asked to get cash to give as tips, and they had no problems giving it to me). 

as for adding OBC 2 weeks out I don’t know that I would cut it that close, but I am a worry wart 😂 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Funky Fusion FoodsJ said:

I've requested OBC from my BofA card, should I see the OBC on my cruise planner prior to the cruise or do they show up later?

Mine usually shows up abut two weeks before the cruise. If I want to use for specialty dining etc, I call and ask for it to be applied earlier. Sometimes they do it. 

• Thanks 1

I requested $250 OBC yesterday from B of A for our sailing on April 3 and it is already posted to our account and we got an updated booking confirmation from Royal showing the OBC.  The notice stated you can add OBC up to 7 days prior to your sailing date.  Hope this helps.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Funky Fusion FoodsJ said:

I've requested OBC from my BofA card, should I see the OBC on my cruise planner prior to the cruise or do they show up later?

I have a cruise in Jan that I applied $100 to online from the BOA Rewards Center portal. It took it about a week to show up on my Cruise Planner. Apparently others have had a different experience. This has been in the last week or so. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, coaster said:

How do you get OBC from Bank of America? Do you need to book with them?

I’ve used it many times . If I have any left over I cash it out.  It’s great for drinks over the limit, buying a bottle of Duckhorn Merlot 😀or buying gifts or pictures.  I have 1,000.00 on my July Ovation cruise and with a suite, concierge lounge across , the drink package  and unlimited dining I probably won’t use all of it. 

4 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

How do you get OBC from Bank of America? Do you need to book with them?

BofA has a Royal Caribbean credit card that offers 1 point on purchases 2 points on RC purchases. It is not a great return. 

I keep thinking I will switch to their general travel card, but then I keep booking cruises. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Coralc
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Coralc said:

BofA has a Royal Caribbean credit card that offers 1 point on purchases 2 points on RC purchases. It is not a great return. 

I keep thinking I will switch to their general travel card, but then I keep booking cruises. :classic_biggrin:

Thanks. I have been with them for many many years. I have their other cards. One I pay $95 a year but it has excellent travel insurance of which I used once and it was easy to get the cruise cost refund. We cruise 4-5 times a year so the $95 is minimal for what I get. Plus the high return with it. When I got that card I got a $500.00 credit on it. I keep over the amount required for the extra points so 3-1/2% on everything which makes their cards far better then any other. City had travel coverage with no yearly fee. No longer.

One of the other BoA cards gives us 5-1/4% on Dining and groceries. So we are very happy with these cards.

• Like 1