Live-- Enchantment of the Seas 8-night SE Coast and Perfect Day: March 25- April 2, 2022

Thanks for the recap!

I'm on this itinerary in a couple weeks, and I've had a hard time finding an answer to the question my wife and daughter keep asking me -- do you know how many formal nights there are on the trip? (Bonus points if you could tell me which nights.) Much thanks for any info.

On 3/28/2022 at 12:32 PM, Biker19 said:

The currents could add to her speed relative to land, which is what the cabin TV GPS usually shows.

Yes. Going north, from Charleston to Baltimore, they would have had the assist from the Gulf Stream... and vice versa going south to Port Canaveral. That direction they'd be fighting the Gulf Stream.

1 hour ago, robnmac said:

We are doing this as well in April.  It looks beautiful!  

1 hour ago, robnmac said:

Have a fun day, and thank you for taking the time to do the review, and take pictures.

You will enjoy Margaritaville. Beautiful, clean and not crowded.

Food is on the pricey side. But I expected that.

IMG_20220330_114330.thumb.jpg.4b8fc2d30b51fe18a7ae13486c5fc63e.jpg

IMG_20220330_114343.thumb.jpg.d01878dbb1bbd8c7266c8e8e2ba6ba2a.jpg

1 hour ago, mgs375 said:

Thanks for the recap!

I'm on this itinerary in a couple weeks, and I've had a hard time finding an answer to the question my wife and daughter keep asking me -- do you know how many formal nights there are on the trip? (Bonus points if you could tell me which nights.) Much thanks for any info.

Two formal nights --days 2 and 7.

5 minutes ago, AnyWayIsGood said:

So another difference from our itinerary, which went to Freeport. Nassau was on the original itinerary but then got changed to Coco Cay. All the changes were made due to a problem with docking in Charleston.  

If it were me I would be glad for the Coco Cay stop. (But I realize it messed up plans at Port Canaveral.)

45 minutes ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

(But I realize it messed up plans at Port Canaveral.)

What messed up Port Canaveral a bit was them not making up the hour's delay from Baltimore. No reason they couldn't have. Two Cape Kennedy excursions filtered into one and made for aLOT of busses. Hot day at the Cape. Not used to that yet here in PA.  

Yeah, now that we were at CC I enjoyed it, but just unfortunate that it was such an extremely windy day. My snorkeling attempt was a bust - couldn't go out far enough to where the fish are. Lots of waves - felt more like a day at the Jersey shore. After a few gulps of seawater that came in over the top of the tube due to the windy conditions, I was done with it. We thought the food there was decent, but surely not the Barefoot Beach Club buffet on Labadee. My biggest peeve with CC is not providing any sort of perk for suite guests. With what they're charging for some of the activities there, they could do something special for suite pax. 

Edited by AnyWayIsGood

When we got up this morning and looked out the balcony, it looks like We are in for a storm. The first picture shows us looking backwards and the second looking forward. I have looked at the forecast for the southeast today shows strong storms so I guess that’s where we’re headed.

37A1F03F-F6C6-4A98-AB58-C2032E91A8A3.thumb.jpeg.fc42fe22dc11b13e70c19a00d338f5f5.jpeg

It’s hard to believe this was taken from the same place at the same time.

D6CB8C88-EBC0-4AB3-A5CB-681907FF8C05.thumb.jpeg.bd80ec174acf0cb7d75ce1f692c62625.jpeg

The ship was rocking a little more than it had been last night. But really not that much. There was a really, really strong wind Last night. I went up to the pool deck to get a picture of the Dancing Under the Stars.

B082F713-0C7D-4575-AB79-F2C04B2944E0.thumb.jpeg.fdd822556530a3945749e6d6b76a1033.jpeg

The wind was blowing so hard that my hair was in front of my eyes and I couldn’t see.

There was no social distancing taking place up there. This is not a very good picture but when it shows you are at least 200 people making a tunnel where each couple in their turn goes through the tunnel. Many of the people were children so everyone had to crouch down to go through their arch. Good time was being had by all, but there was no distancing. 

4F10BEAA-EC27-4ADD-AA0B-7EF3665B6AB4.thumb.jpeg.6d8404d7415c72b292bdf524c6edd880.jpeg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

but there was no distancing. 

Distancing appears to be a thing of the past - sure was on the last cruise. Very different observation of protocols compared to when my relatives sailed on RCL a few months ago. Time will tell. Strong thunderstorms forecasted for today as the warm front approaches. 

page-2-12.jpg

Edited by AnyWayIsGood
  • Like 1

We were woken up twice last night they were looking for someone named John Paul. They gave us his last name but I was too sleepy to remember it.  The first time was at 2:30.  The announcement was made in the hallway but it was loud enough that you could hear it in the cabins if you were a light sleeper. The second time was at 3:30 in the morning and the announcement was pushed into all the cabins on the ship.  I’m not sure if they found John Paul but I bet he’s in serious trouble this morning. 🤣

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas

14 minutes ago, AnyWayIsGood said:

Wow...most unusual that they made a shipwide announcement during those early morning hours. Hope nothing serious. 

We hope it was nothing serious, either.

We have had that happen one time in the past. What I heard the next day was that it was a young girl who had gone into someone else’s cabin. She fell asleep, and her parents were extremely worried when they couldn’t find her anywhere. They made a similar announcement.

24 minutes ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

So I’m glad I got some pictures.

One of my favorite parts of cruising. Not always up early enough for sunrise though. A good bit of cloudy weather on the last cruise, as is the case here in PA alot of the time the way it seems. And the 30+ degree temperature swings have been crazy the past few weeks. With the extreme cold (and snow squalls) during the last several days, the forsythia blooms are already turning brown. Horrible accident during the really bad squall the other day - 80 car/truck pile-up on I-81. 6 people killed. Highway was closed for something like 36 hours. They're still sorting things out from the burning wreckage. Some cars actually melted onto the highway. 

Edited by AnyWayIsGood

We went into the solarium this morning to relax. (You see the theme here.) We got two of those coveted loungers. The chair hogs must’ve taken the morning off. 🤭

The sun even came back out. The Captain said at noon it is 73, with 25 mph wind and we expect partly cloudy weather. We are 200 miles north of the Bahamas. 

EB40071E-9E16-460E-9A24-43A8A5A4A76B.thumb.jpeg.f340c9edbbcbe5b731ebf78ec6adfdda.jpeg

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas

6 hours ago, AnyWayIsGood said:

Wow...most unusual that they made a shipwide announcement during those early morning hours. Hope nothing serious. 

I read on the FB thread that it was a missing husband.  I do not know that as a fact--could be rumor.  But, I do know the Captain said everyone was fine. 

• Like 1

I had an interesting experience today.  I was on the ship's telephone for over an hour. 😮  I know what you are thinking. . . that is going to be expensive. [I hope not]

After I booked our next 2 cruises yesterday I asked the Next Cruise agent if he could help me with an Air2Sea problem with our summer Baltic cruise. I just really wanted him to give me the phone number for resolutions. 

The original Air2Sea agent had booked the outbound flight for the wrong day and he had never sent an updated invoice. The entire experience on the phone with him was very negative. I sent an email regarding the error to Air2Sea using their online portal designed to correct errors three weeks ago and had not gotten a response.   

So, I decided to see if the Next Cruise agent could help me. He said  to ask guest services to put a call to Air2Sea through to my cabin. There would be no charge.  

Since today was a sea day and I had nowhere else to go I did that.  [I asked guest services twice to make sure there would not be a charge.] 🙄

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, AnyWayIsGood said:

Curious as to what the substitution is (I expect there is one) for St. Petersburg?  

St. Petersburg is canceled. Our cruise begins in Stockholm and ends in Copenhagen. So on the opening end we spend an overnight in Stockholm now  before we embark. That is a change. And we have an overnight in Riga and that makes up for the St. Petersburg. And we also add Arhaus Denmark.

Nothing can really make up for missing Saint Petersburg which was the big draw for the whole cruise. But I understand the current situation and I wouldn’t want to go to Russia under the circumstances.