Live-- Enchantment of the Seas 8-night SE Coast and Perfect Day: March 25- April 2, 2022

I plan on following your review and am looking forward to it as you make it so interesting to read even though I have been on this ship. I like to get other people's perspective on a ship that I've been on before. Thanks for doing this.

18 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

So you are the person that broke the jogging track (above the towel station) on Grandeur.  😜  

We were on when the track split.  It was the worst seas we've ever had (30 feet) and a lot of us were sea sick.  We heard the wave hit and the bang and saw the damage.  Until they got the ship in for drydock, there was a rubber section covering the two split seams, so we did a couple more cruises afterwards with that temporary seam fix.  First one happened the week before us but wasn't as big.  Rails twisted and came off and lights (the ones with the large white ball coverings) busted.   It wasn't scary perse, but it was nauseating.   There are pictures somewhere on CC as several of us were on that trip.

I heard on the news that today is Maryland day. It’s certainly Maryland Day for us. Here we are.

We arrived at 11:17 for 11:30 check in time. After showing everyone everything several times we stepped on board the ship at 11:30 AM. It was a very easy process 

BB277495-C3F0-4E06-8FC6-F511F91C1784.thumb.jpeg.370a3cf3c3ff0dc9cb15794a1802535f.jpeg

5E819916-34A1-45DB-A8CA-06F11D732440.thumb.jpeg.ee142c5007725c1e820bdee0c573f21c.jpeg

63E2738D-DD36-4223-B410-BC86776052E5.thumb.jpeg.114c75fb036546d446d3ccbcc1b43d55.jpeg

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

I heard on the news that today is Maryland day. It’s certainly Maryland Day for us. Here we are.

We arrived at 11:17 for 11:30 check in time. After showing everyone everything several times we stepped on board the ship at 11:30 AM. It was a very easy process 

BB277495-C3F0-4E06-8FC6-F511F91C1784.thumb.jpeg.370a3cf3c3ff0dc9cb15794a1802535f.jpeg

5E819916-34A1-45DB-A8CA-06F11D732440.thumb.jpeg.ee142c5007725c1e820bdee0c573f21c.jpeg

63E2738D-DD36-4223-B410-BC86776052E5.thumb.jpeg.114c75fb036546d446d3ccbcc1b43d55.jpeg

Was there a "suite" line at the entrance like there used to be?

2 minutes ago, BND said:

Was there a "suite" line at the entrance like there used to be?

Yes, there was. There was only one party in front of us. That’s how it was so fast. There were two people in front of us at the security where you have to put your bag through the scanner. And then one person in front of us at the check-in counter. I wish we ever move that fast at the airport. And the ship was boarding so we walked right on.

• Like 1

They were directing us as soon as we boarded to go to our muster station and check in and to watch the video on the app. I had already done the video and listen to the horn sound. So we just needed to report to the muster station and be checked off. They have already made two announcements for people to go do that.

We have been waiting two years to post a picture like this.

7455D018-90FD-44EE-9951-D3D4829F5586.thumb.jpeg.af6cc7cf63385a011d4a9119d7408a9b.jpeg

spacing out passenger check in time seems to be working. The shift doesn’t feel very full. I know there are still more people to board. The windjammer, while full, is not as insane as I have seen it sometimes. And most people are leaving their tables when they’re finished and sitting outside. Which is where we are. It’s a beautiful sunny day, but a little breezy.

ACAB9940-8B6D-414B-A513-1EC93867B73C.thumb.jpeg.30b9c7a79a64903a99292398ee90a2a4.jpeg

4E567C7A-75A3-43C7-B672-7385E5533EE8.thumb.jpeg.da17f6288e5e3e92fb7f22fd491acd71.jpeg

16882878-2272-433C-B460-FFE6275E571C.thumb.jpeg.29c24014679ef0f1e8cf25b8a17394da.jpeg

You can see the people and the tables in the back of that last picture and you can see it is not too crowded. That may change as the afternoon progresses. But our room should be open in less than an hour so that should move lots of people away from the public areas.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, DELTABLUE said:

Oh, boy! Just got my Sailing Checklist...we're next!:classic_biggrin:  Glad your boarding went so smoothly.  I have an 11AM arrival slot.  Hope things are as quick next week.

Same for us.

The density does not seem to be very high. Someone reported from the previous cruise that we were scheduled to have 1700 passengers. Maybe there are a lot of later arriving passengers.

We have observed a number  of family groups. I think there a fair number of children on this cruise. So it may be that is the same number of cabins just greater density in the cabins. Many of these children are toddlers or preschoolers. 

But it’s 1:25 and this is the pool bar. Two bartenders and 2 guests. 

41B03040-C09D-4E72-873D-BF621EB2C2FF.thumb.jpeg.31525fb195eef579d57b5b30e60b6a84.jpeg

Just got onboard- 1:25! Check in time was 11:30. Three people handling the line. Separate line for key and suites. The woman said 10 people called out today. It's ridiculous to stand in lines for 2 hours!

1 hour ago, Allisin said:

Just got onboard- 1:25! Check in time was 11:30. Three people handling the line. Separate line for key and suites. The woman said 10 people called out today. It's ridiculous to stand in lines for 2 hours!

That’s terrible. That starts your whole cruise off on as sour note.

I did not notice that the regular line was that long.  I even mentioned to the last staff member that looked at the documents how quickly it was going. She said how much better it was that now people had assigned times.

I guess that’s why there’s so few people on board. 

Thanks for letting me know. I do not want to share false information.

The documents in the cabin were a little confusing. I got a welcome letter from the diamond lounge and I also got a welcome letter from the concierge lounge. We are diamond plus.

But for the last few cruises the concierge lounge was for full suites only.  I will use my key later and see if it opens the door and I’ll let you know.
ps-I am not sure why some of my photos are coming out sideways. And I don’t seem to be able to fix it. I will work on that. Operator error 🤣

DA4814CE-AE74-48D9-AC6B-6823DD9719DA.thumb.jpeg.a4a81210d9646393317572d96a45b99a.jpeg

36 minutes ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

That’s terrible. That starts your whole cruise off on as sour note.

I did not notice that the regular line was that long.  I even mentioned to the last staff member that looked at the documents how quickly it was going. She said how much better it was that now people had assigned times.

I guess that’s why there’s so few people on board. 

Thanks for letting me know. I do not want to share false information.

I was onboard in Feb. and it was nothing like today. Good news is that the luggage was outside the door at 2pm!!

19 minutes ago, Allisin said:

I was onboard in Feb. and it was nothing like today. Good news is that the luggage was outside the door at 2pm!!

Yes, our luggage was ready right away too. I rode an elevator with someone whose check in time was noon and it took him 30 minutes to get inside. He had been on this ship in February. He said there are a lot more people this time than then. 

4 hours ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

Yes, there was. There was only one party in front of us. That’s how it was so fast. There were two people in front of us at the security where you have to put your bag through the scanner. And then one person in front of us at the check-in counter. I wish we ever move that fast at the airport. And the ship was boarding so we walked right on.

We're in a JS in 8 days for the b2b and have always enjoyed having that little perk of a priority entrance.  Our check in time is 11 am so we should be onboard pretty quickly.  You said they funnel you towards the muster station, which is fine with us, but do you know what time they started the e-muster?  We're doing Chops for lunch at 1230 so we have time to do e-muster before that easily.  Also, were they doing lunch in the MDR?  There's been several reports over the last couple of cruises that they were so I wondered if it was still continuing?  EN just can't handle that many people at one time in the WJ.  

Oh, and as D+, we're curious about the CL/DL situation.  We always enjoyed the CL on GR.

Edited by BND

17 minutes ago, BND said:

We're in a JS in 8 days for the b2b and have always enjoyed having that little perk of a priority entrance.  Our check in time is 11 am so we should be onboard pretty quickly.  You said they funnel you towards the muster station, which is fine with us, but do you know what time they started the e-muster?  We're doing Chops for lunch at 1230 so we have time to do e-muster before that easily.  Also, were they doing lunch in the MDR?  There's been several reports over the last couple of cruises that they were so I wondered if it was still continuing?  EN just can't handle that many people at one time in the WJ.  

Oh, and as D+, we're curious about the CL/DL situation.  We always enjoyed the CL on GR.

We were able to do the master just as soon as we walked on the ship. And I checked the main dining room. One side was for the key and the other side was for consecutive cruisers so it was not open for regular passengers today. But I had read that that was available in the past. 

We have just left the pair and it’s 515 so we were an hour and 15 minutes late leaving. I have no idea why I didn’t notice any problems and they announced at 3:30 everyone had done the muster. 

4 minutes ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

We were able to do the master just as soon as we walked on the ship. And I checked the main dining room. One side was for the key and the other side was for consecutive cruisers so it was not open for regular passengers today. But I had read that that was available in the past. 

We have just left the pair and it’s 515 so we were an hour and 15 minutes late leaving. I have no idea why I didn’t notice any problems and they announced at 3:30 everyone had done the muster. 

One trip we didn't leave until almost 7 pm but that was because only like two forklift operators were working so it took forever to load everything.  Okay, good to know about the MDR and planning to have the consecutive cruiser lunch on the 14th.

8 minutes ago, BND said:

One trip we didn't leave until almost 7 pm but that was because only like two forklift operators were working so it took forever to load everything.  Okay, good to know about the MDR and planning to have the consecutive cruiser lunch on the 14th.

The concierge is making the rounds and he told us that the reason we left late was something like 150 guests were late arriving. He said something about traffic. But DH and I believe it was the issues at the terminal

6 minutes ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

The concierge is making the rounds and he told us that the reason we left late was something like 150 guests were late arriving. He said something about traffic. But DH and I believe it was the issues at the terminal

Are you in the DL or CL?