Mardi Gras - Gluten free

Michelle236

My friend and I are travelling on the Mardi Gras in May.  She has Celiac's and therefore has to eat Gluten Free.  Just wondering if anyone has any advice or experience on the Mardi Gras with Gluten free dining.  I am mainly curious about the specialty restaurants and if they have gluten free options.

Thanks so much for any advice.

She needs to contact  Special Needs before boarding.  They'll mark her as having dietary restrictions and someone from dining will assist her.   They are very good about this.  Lots of things she'll be able to eat and they'll explain which sauces to avoid or what might have used gluten as a thickening agent.

19 hours ago, Cherries Jubilee said:

Sorry I don’t have any actual experience with this but the Youtuber Life with Favor is gluten free and she vlogged her experience on Mardi Gras.

Thank you so much, we will check that out.

16 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

She needs to contact  Special Needs before boarding.  They'll mark her as having dietary restrictions and someone from dining will assist her.   They are very good about this.  Lots of things she'll be able to eat and they'll explain which sauces to avoid or what might have used gluten as a thickening agent.

Thank you for the advice, we have sailed a couple times and she has been happy with Carnivals help.  Just curious about the specialty restaurants as I am hoping to try them.  But if she cant eat in them I guess I will just wait until my husband and I go in October 🙂

We were on the 3/12-3/19 sailing and my wife is GF.  You need to go to the restaurant you want to eat at the next

night and pre-order. The Maitre’d’s, Adrian at Cucina del Capitano and Divan at Chibang will become your friends.  They are awesome!  Note:  at Cucina, they have GF pasta, which is good, but they can also make things like Arancini (so good!!!) and Chicken Parm GF…

We actually never ate in the MDR the whole trip, so can’t speak to that (we ate at Cucina 3x and ChiBang 2x.  Also, at Emeril’s, they can make a few things (like red beans and rice and shrimp scampi) GF.  

At Guy’s, make sure you ask for GF fries (without the seasoning).  They also have GF buns.  At Shaq’s Big Chicken, you can ask for grilled chicken.  Also, most of the gelato in the Lido was GF and one of the soft-serves (the frozen yogurt, I believe) is GF.

Hope this helps!

Edited by bmc alabama
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, bmc alabama said:

We were on the 3/12-3/19 sailing and my wife is GF.  You need to go to the restaurant you want to eat at the next

night and pre-order. The Maitre’d’s, Adrian at Cucina del Capitano and Divan at Chibang will become your friends.  They are awesome!  Note:  at Cucina, they have GF pasta, which is good, but they can also make things like Arancini (so good!!!) and Chicken Parm GF…

We actually never ate in the MDR the whole trip, so can’t speak to that (we ate at Cucina 3x and ChiBang 2x.  Also, at Emeril’s, they can make a few things (like red beans and rice and shrimp scampi) GF.  

At Guy’s, make sure you ask for GF fries (without the seasoning).  They also have GF buns.  At Shaq’s Big Chicken, you can ask for grilled chicken.  Also, most of the gelato in the Lido was GF and one of the soft-serves (the frozen yogurt, I believe) is GF.

Hope this helps!

Thank you so much...this makes me even more excited 🙂