Regal (or Royal) cabin E711, Vista Lounge noise?

NoWhiners

Hi all

We will be in E711 for a TA in November. I'm a little concerned that we are just above the back part of the Vista Lounge. I've searched for specific info on this cabin and found 1 review, which was encouraging; I've read some other opinions (not reviews by people who have actually been in the cabin) that are less favorable. Does anyone else have any info to share? I think it is a good location except for the potential for late-night music. We can't really change cabins but i would like to set our expectations. I do like how close we will be to the Wheelhouse bar!

Thanks for any help.

We had E711 on Royal in 2014 & were not disturbed by noise from Vista Lounge.

I checked the deck plans to confirm my recollection about the cabin’s location which is just inside of the starboard side entrance. We’re generally in our cabin by about 2200 and only once could detect some brief muted bass sound from the stage. We would not hesitate to book that cabin again in the future. We’ve also been over Crooners Bar but never were disturbed by noise there either…I think they fully insulate the areas between passenger cabins & public venues.

Edited by Astro Flyer

1 minute ago, Astro Flyer said:

We had E711 on Royal in 2014 & were not disturbed by noise from Vista Lounge.

I checked the deck plans to confirm my recollection about the cabin’s location which is just inside of the starboard side entrance. We’re generally in our cabin by about 2200 and only once could detect some brief muted bass sound from the stage. We would not hesitate to book that cabin again in the future. We’ve also been over Crooners Bar but never were disturbed by noise there either…I think they fully insulate the areas between passenger cabins & public venues.

Thank you so much for this. We are usually in our cabin by the same time and we sit out on the balcony for awhile before retiring. Was the balcony really tiny? We don't need a lot of space, it's just the 2 of us and we aren't very big!

12 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

Thank you so much for this. We are usually in our cabin by the same time and we sit out on the balcony for awhile before retiring. Was the balcony really tiny? We don't need a lot of space, it's just the 2 of us and we aren't very big!

You’re welcome…it’s the standard 9’x4’ Royal-class balcony which has 1’ of less depth than the 9’x5’ balconies on the upper decks on other Princess ships.

It was sufficient for us to enjoy several Ultimate Balcony Dinners & found this photo on the CC review of Royal Princess which shows a standard balcony except for some aft, midship & forward cabins which have larger balconies.

The area below E711 is the open outside Promenade deck with places to sit but never heard any noise from there while enjoying our balcony.

1519DCE7-E992-4CFA-BBD7-9AA25C5AEF81.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

You’re welcome…it’s the standard 9’x4’ Royal-class balcony which has 1’ of less depth than the 9’x5’ balconies on the upper decks on other Princess ships.

It was sufficient for us to enjoy several Ultimate Balcony Dinners & found this photo on the CC review of Royal Princess which shows a standard balcony except for some aft, midship & forward cabins which have larger balconies.

The area below E711 is the open outside Promenade deck with places to sit but never heard any noise from there while enjoying our balcony.

Thanks for that pic--it helps a lot. Our first time on Regal and we read about tiny balcony. This one is fine for us and I am amazed you could do a UBD there. Which reminds me--that could be a really good choice for one of the 7 se days we will have.

Again, thank you so much for the helpful info. We are feeling a lot better about selecting this cabin. We booked late, so there weren't many options available.

Aloha 😉

1 minute ago, NoWhiners said:

Thanks for that pic--it helps a lot. Our first time on Regal and we read about tiny balcony. This one is fine for us and I am amazed you could do a UBD there. Which reminds me--that could be a really good choice for one of the 7 se days we will have.

Again, thank you so much for the helpful info. We are feeling a lot better about selecting this cabin. We booked late, so there weren't many options available.

Aloha 😉

We’ve also had the UBD on 9’x9’ balconies & in cabin due to inclement weather but we didn’t take up much of the space for a table & us. ☺️

They didn’t have the UBD on Majestic in October & have read the same thing on other ships. I haven’t read of anyone having it since the restart & based on the Winemakers Dinner increasing from $40 to $60 would expect the UBD to have a price increase when it resumes. We enjoy the Winemakers Dinner in a Wine Cellar located in the midship MDRs on every Royal-class ship. Like the Chefs Table participation is limited to 12 passengers per dinner. 

Aloha & 🤙

image.thumb.jpeg.02d9d2bd3dc89e1b054f67d7c4086a6e.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

We’ve also had the UBD on 9’x9’ balconies & in cabin due to inclement weather but we didn’t take up much of the space for a table & us. ☺️

They didn’t have the UBD on Majestic in October & have read the same thing on other ships. I haven’t read of anyone having it since the restart & based on the Winemakers Dinner increasing from $40 to $60 would expect the UBD to have a price increase when it resumes. We enjoy the Winemakers Dinner in a Wine Cellar located in the midship MDRs on every Royal-class ship. Like the Chefs Table participation is limited to 12 passengers per dinner. 

Aloha & 🤙

Hmm, that's a good point. I hope they add UBD back by the time we sail. If not, I guess we will try specialty dinners. We've never done Winemaker's Dinner but that sounds like fun. How fast do we have to be to book this? Do we need the (dreaded 😲 ) app to do it pre-cruise or can we wait until onboard? I love sea days but DH less so, maybe special dinners will help him (and he'll be paying 😁)

26 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

Hmm, that's a good point. I hope they add UBD back by the time we sail. If not, I guess we will try specialty dinners. We've never done Winemaker's Dinner but that sounds like fun. How fast do we have to be to book this? Do we need the (dreaded 😲 ) app to do it pre-cruise or can we wait until onboard? I love sea days but DH less so, maybe special dinners will help him (and he'll be paying 😁)

It can only be requested on the ship & we’ve been successful every time by quickly calling the DINE line or talking to a restaurant manager (previously a head waiter) during embarkation lunch in a MDR…sooner the better.

BC54682F-AE1B-48A6-9F98-499F2D959DCF.jpeg

43146C35-0EAD-4517-8C5F-40DA43933292.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Astro Flyer said:

It can only be requested on the ship & we’ve been successful every time by either calling the DINE line or talking to a restaurant manager (previously a head waiter) during embarkation lunch in a MDR…sooner the better.

That menu seems great, thanks again. We will definitely look into this when we board. We'll try talking to staff at restaurants when we board.

We were already really looking forward to this TA (after a 14 day to Med-Israel with 3 days in Rome in between). Now it will be even more to look forward to.

I forgot to mention--LOL on the 🤙. I remember that now--especially on the golf courses!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

Hi all

We will be in E711 for a TA in November. I'm a little concerned that we are just above the back part of the Vista Lounge. I've searched for specific info on this cabin and found 1 review, which was encouraging; I've read some other opinions (not reviews by people who have actually been in the cabin) that are less favorable. Does anyone else have any info to share? I think it is a good location except for the potential for late-night music. We can't really change cabins but i would like to set our expectations. I do like how close we will be to the Wheelhouse bar!

Thanks for any help.

I'd say go for the good location.  You can always bring earplugs.  I always have to anyways because my family snores 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

Hi all

Thanks for any help.

We got upgraded to E709 on the sky and loved it. We never heard anything from the vista lounge underneath us. It was very handy for dinner as we eat every night in Cielo dinning room just a few flight down. We have just bagged one of the bargain cruises on the relocated Enchanted and have booked in to E709 for the reasons above. If anything you may hear the doors to the outer deck being slammed underneath but that was our only issue.  my opinion you will be fine in that one. 

14 minutes ago, minikiss said:

We got upgraded to E709 on the sky and loved it. We never heard anything from the vista lounge underneath us. It was very handy for dinner as we eat every night in Cielo dinning room just a few flight down. We have just bagged one of the bargain cruises on the relocated Enchanted and have booked in to E709 for the reasons above. If anything you may hear the doors to the outer deck being slammed underneath but that was our only issue.  my opinion you will be fine in that one. 

Thanks for this. It does seem like a great location, for evenings at least. Pretty good recommendation if you booked it again. Doors slamming happen everywhere, so that doesn't worry me.

You balcony E711 is above the Promenade walkway and not over the Vista Lounge. Your balcony size is a narrow one. Compare it to some of the larger ones like D729 or a bump out angled balcony like D425.

11 minutes ago, nini said:

You balcony E711 is above the Promenade walkway and not over the Vista Lounge. Your balcony size is a narrow one. Compare it to some of the larger ones like D729 or a bump out angled balcony like D425.

Thanks.

Yes, those would have been good choices but there weren't many cabins available when we booked, so we took the best we could get.

4 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

Thanks.

Yes, those would have been good choices but there weren't many cabins available when we booked, so we took the best we could get.

Regardless, have a wonderful cruise!

• Like 1