LIVE from Discovery Princess - March 27th, 2022 - 7 Day Mexican Riviera Inaugural Sailing

scottsdalelove

54 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

Nice way to say it all, I agree- masks/ cough.

My mom and her husband board the discovery tomorrow. So are you saying that discovery princess does not require  just recommends masks to be worn inside the ship? I guess I thought a lot of this had changed as of March 1 even though discovery princess didn’t start sailing at that time. 

No debates about the mask wearing .I’m just trying to see what’s happening on each ship. Meaning what is  Discovery princess saying you need to do ,not what everyone is doing. I know that you’re supposed to wear a mask on embarkation and disembarkation, I think that’s fleetwide? 

Masking recommended, but not required, although more are masking since many reports of positive tests on this and other ships.  261 in transits per passenger services officer at testing site.  We ate getting free mimosas after testing at wakeview bar.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

Nice way to say it all, I agree- masks/ cough.

My mom and her husband board the discovery tomorrow. So are you saying that discovery princess does not require  just recommends masks to be worn inside the ship? I guess I thought a lot of this had changed as of March 1 even though discovery princess didn’t start sailing at that time. 

No debates about the mask wearing .I’m just trying to see what’s happening on each ship. Meaning what is  Discovery princess saying you need to do ,not what everyone is doing. I know that you’re supposed to wear a mask on embarkation and disembarkation, I think that’s fleetwide? 

They strongly recommend wearing masks except in your cabin, while eating or drinking or outside.  There are signs posted  and notices in the patter.  There are also signs recommending masks in the elevator and keeping it to six people or one sailing “family”.  They are no longer required.  This is our sixth cruise post Covid and the first one where masks are not mandatory so naturally this is the one where I caught Covid.  I don’t buy the “masks don’t work” philosophy some people have.  Every medical expert out there says they reduce your chances of a breakthrough case.  There are too many people getting their medical degree from Facebook recently.

• Like 23

8 minutes ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

We are getting free mimosas after testing at wakeview bar.

Our test is only 40 minutes before dinner…would you know if they are strictly enforcing appointment times & running on schedule?

5 minutes ago, CruisingJs said:

They strongly recommend wearing masks except in your cabin, while eating or drinking or outside.  There are signs posted  and notices in the patter.  There are also signs recommending masks in the elevator and keeping it to six people or one sailing “family”.  They are no longer required.  This is our sixth cruise post Covid and the first one where masks are not mandatory so naturally this is the one where I caught Covid.  I don’t buy the “masks don’t work” philosophy some people have.  Every medical expert out there says they reduce your chances of a breakthrough case.  There are too many people getting their medical degree from Facebook recently.

Totally agree.  Coughing all around us.  Not all can be allergies, i would bet!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, enfuego4cruising said:

Quick correction to my post:

The Dolphin deck is closed on the PORT side, midship going forward for quarantine. 

Best to all on this sailing who have tested positive for covid. Blessings.

Thanks so much for this info.  There has been some confusing posts in the last 24 hours.  One said the entire Dolphin deck was closed for quarantine cabins.  Another one said Dolphin deck, all port side.  I am hoping your post is correct as my cabin is D726 (port - aft).

2 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Our test is only 40 minutes before dinner…would you know if they are strictly enforcing appointment times & running on schedule?

No.  Just show up from what our letter said.  Between 3 and 5.  We went at 300 and were number one and two. Unless it is by room category, since we got our instructions from suite concierge.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, DiRonT said:

Thanks so much for this info.  There has been some confusing posts in the last 24 hours.  One said the entire Dolphin deck was closed for quarantine cabins.  Another one said Dolphin deck, all port side.  I am hoping your post is correct as my cabin is D726 (port - aft).

Sorry to take this away from the current sailing discussion but we had D726 on the Sky in December. We were terrified that we were going to be moved because that room is amazing!  The balcony is HUGE.  Dolphin deck was used for quarantine but stopped right before the aft elevators where the fire door was closed. We stayed in that cabin for a B2B and we’re not moved. At this point you should be fine. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DiRonT said:

The information is accurate. I walked the Dolphin deck within the last hour. Hopefully the quarantine zone is not expanded for future sailings.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, enfuego4cruising said:

The information is accurate. I walked the Dolphin deck within the last hour. Hopefully the quarantine zone is not expanded for future sailings.

Perfect, thanks so much.

8 minutes ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

Sorry to take this away from the current sailing discussion but we had D726 on the Sky in December. We were terrified that we were going to be moved because that room is amazing!  The balcony is HUGE.  Dolphin deck was used for quarantine but stopped right before the aft elevators where the fire door was closed. We stayed in that cabin for a B2B and we’re not moved. At this point you should be fine. 

Thanks - we had D727 on Majestic in November and really loved it.  On that ship, the quarantine area was port side aft, so we lucked out and seems like we might again.  Fingers crossed.

5 hours ago, san diego sue said:

People on board are mostly maskless and I do hear the coughing . My friends and I are always wearing our masks except when we eat or  drink. Even being cautious, one in our group tested positive last night.She had symptoms.

They made her change rooms to isolation this morning. No second week for them. They will be disembarked tomorrow. Fortunately they can be driven home tomorrow (Princess arranged).

I bet if the disembarking passengers were tested, there would be lots of positive cases.We will never know how many are walking germs.

I am so sorry to hear this. Do you know of any other cases on the ship?

I think we were some of the last folks tested.  It’s been nearly an hour and no one has come found us so we appear to be in the clear for the next sailing.  Sadly we will miss having our friends Janice & Fernando with us, including for our Crown Grill dinner. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, startedwithamouse said:

Oooh...is frank the guy who was running late by himself trying to catch up with his group...glasses on his forehead?

Don’t think so….He’s a long-standing poster and cruiser with lots of good information.  We have been on several cruises with them.  Always a reliable source, imo

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

Don’t think so….He’s a long-standing poster and cruiser with lots of good information.  We have been on several cruises with them.  Always a reliable source, imo

Ahhh okay. Was he front and center at the second show last night taking pics?