they already raised our gratuities 😡

Traveller20074

On 3/27/2022 at 1:20 AM, Traveller20074 said:

on the NCL Pride of America cruise for November.  it shows as $16.60 / per person per day.   heads up.  better check yours 

😡 Don't know why you used this.

Everything goes up. Its only 50 cents. The extra 50 cents goes to the hard working, well deserving crew that make your cruise fabulous. 

• Like 1

I think you are talking about two entirely different price increases. 

The first is for gratuity which goes into effect April 1st. The OP has not been charged this yet. In his case it will raise the gratuity 50 cents per day. From $15.50 to $16.00.

The price increase currently reflected is Hawaii's GET tax. They put it on everything here. Below is a contract for a condo cleaning. You an see that the GET tax is added directly to the cleaning fee. 

image.png.64a47286458de27d0143449cf540ed9d.png

Summary:

$15.50 x 4.166% = .64 cents = grand total of $16.14 which is being reflected currently.

After April 1st that charge will be $16.00 x 4.166% = .66 cents = grand total of $16.66 cents (which could round down to $16.60 as has been reported for ships leaving Hawaii after April 1st).

The taxes here in Hawaii are pretty significant for tourists. I'm paying 17.416% tax per night for a condo rental. I'm glad they only add GET tax to the cleaning ;-).

• Like 2

On 3/27/2022 at 4:24 PM, phissy said:

From email recently received fro NCL.

As long as cruise reservation was made by March 31 and pre paid before sail date. You can keep “ old” DSC rate.

• $20.00 per person per day - The Haven & Suite
  • $18.00 per person per day - Club Balcony Suite
  • $16.00 per person per day - Balcony and below

Guests who make a reservation on or before March 31, 2022, will have the option of pre-paying their service charges at the current rate, if done prior to sail date. Guests with existing cruise reservations who have already pre-paid their service charges at the current rate are not affected

Yes, I know.  and, they are charging me the $16.16 (that's what it says on my reservation online) now!

I made these reservations months back

1 hour ago, Traveller20074 said:

Yes, I know.  and, they are charging me the $16.16 (that's what it says on my reservation online) now!

I made these reservations months back

But this is not a price increase. No matter when you paid the gratuity, they were going to add the GET tax. It seems that  NCL could have done a better job informing you that when traveling to Hawaii GET tax will be added on everything (so get ready), but there is no work around.

In other words, Even if you had you pre-paid the gratuity 6 months ago it would have been $16.16 per day. 

• Like 1