Voyager to hades.

TomTN

11 hours ago, baz48 said:

Was it your pre-cruise test that came back positive?  How was that handled?  Refund?  Any help with travel arrangements, etc??

Hi baz48. Yes it was the pre- cruise test that was positive. Luckily we were only on the way to the hotel prior to flying so we just turned around! Our travel agent made all the cancellations. Regent will only refund us after we have tried to claim with our insurance. Insurance will only refund us after we have tried with our credit card. It’s been nearly a week now and we haven’t even got a claim form yet , even though we’ve been trying for the past few days! 

On 3/27/2022 at 3:29 PM, Pcardad said:

Go to the GM immediately and speak with him. Also ask for a cruise comment card and fill it out and hand it in (after taking a picture of it).

One of the issues when I offered comments at Reception was being told they don’t have a comment card !!

• Like 1

On 3/27/2022 at 8:47 PM, Boatmans Lady said:

Just in case anyone thinks I'm nit picking, came back to our cabin after our tour and being occupied this afternoon and we only had one creamer. It hadn't been replenished, 

It's the little things that matter. 

Went the Chartreuse tonight and it was the Regent we fell in love with, so fingers crossed it is getting better. 

Went to Italian in La Veranda last night.

Untrained staff. Left after waiting 30+ minutes for desert. That was 30 minutes after having to request the removal of dinner dishes.

Problem seems to be less with wait staff and more with prep.

Food was good.

Maybe 4th day things will change.

• Thanks 1

My impression is the issue here is widespread and deeper than "getting the kinks out".  It brings into question the number of experienced people that Regent hired.  Many have speculated that Regent directs its better employees to the newer ships (Splendor & Explorer), certainly would make sense to get your better employees back to work as soon as possible.

These are expensive vacations and guests deserve better service than I've read in this thread.

Unless its changed because of Covid Sette Mari has an additional buffet where you can quickly grab a dessert.

At least the food was good,  the Veal Milanese in Sette Mari is awesome. 

Edited by RetiredandTravel
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, RetiredandTravel said:

My impression is the issue here is widespread and deeper than "getting the kinks out".  It brings into question the number of experienced people that Regent hired.  Many have speculated that Regent directs its better employees to the newer ships (Splendor & Explorer), certainly would make sense to get your better employees back to work as soon as possible.

These are expensive vacations and guests deserve better service than I've read in this thread.

Unless its changed because of Covid Sette Mari has an additional buffet where you can quickly grab a dessert.

At least the food was good,  the Veal Milanese in Sette Mari is awesome. 

They did put their best on the first ships but they also rotated a huge number off to the other ships as they came on line. Maybe Voyager didn't benefit as much as others because of her location.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, snh01 said:

One of the issues when I offered comments at Reception was being told they don’t have a comment card !!

Pretty simply to ask the GM for a piece of paper and write your comment in front of him...and ask for a copy after they stamp it rec'd. That would make your point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pcardad said:

They did put their best on the first ships but they also rotated a huge number off to the other ships as they came on line. Maybe Voyager didn't benefit as much as others because of her location.

Do you think they had difficulty getting people back?   Common problem in the US.  They certainly need a core of experienced dedicated Regent people to maintain standards & show the new folks the ropes.

This is our first cruise with Regent (previous cruises on Crystal).  We are having the same issues everyone is complaining about in every restaurant except our first night at Prime7.  1 hour wait for our friend’s hamburger in Compass Rose this afternoon, and last night at Sette Mare was painfully slow with customers all around us complaining to the staff.  On a positive note, we have ordered breakfast in our room every morning and it has been excellent and on time.  We are planning on eating dinner in our room tonight just to avoid the hassle.  Certainly not the “Luxury” cruise we paid for. We have had several maintenance issues which were resolved after 2 days and no fault of our butler, as he requested repairs when we boarded on Saturday.  I will say that I am grateful that we are able to go ashore independently, but not happy about the mask mandates on the ship…Especially the N95 masks they make us wear.  Very hard to breathe.

I will just take a deep breath (without my mask) and hope for a few less problems for the remainder of our voyage. 

9 minutes ago, JK B said:

I will say that I am grateful that we are able to go ashore independently, but not happy about the mask mandates on the ship…Especially the N95 masks they make us wear.  Very hard to breathe.

I thought they removed the mask mandates 

4 minutes ago, JK B said:

Nope, they are required throughout the ship, unless you are “actively eating or drinking”

When did this change?

This is on cruise critic  Mask Mandates Lifted: Which Cruise Lines Have Begun Relaxing Masking Policies (cruisecritic.com)

Regent Seven Seas

Regent, also part of NCLH, announced it would lift mask mandates for fully vaccinated passengers, starting on March 1. In addition, Regent passengers will no longer have to take a pierside COVID-19 test before boarding, but must show proof of a negative test verified by a third party taken within 48 hours of boarding at a port in the United States or within three days of boarding at a non-U.S. port.

For guests unable to arrange a test within 48 or 72 hours of arriving to the terminal, Regent will have on-site testing available at the pier for a fee. Guests not in possession of a negative, third-party Covid-19 test result will not be allowed to embark.

Is this a voyager specific due to it being in europe?

From regent 

Are face coverings required?
The health and safety of our guests, crew and communities we visit is our number one priority. Onboard all of our ships, face coverings are required for all crew, and will be highly recommended but not required for guests on board, subject to local oversight of authorities in the jurisdiction(s) in which the ships are sailing, which may result in face coverings being required for guests. We will continue to update our face coverings policy as protocols evolve and change.

2 hours ago, Pcardad said:

Maybe Voyager didn't benefit as much as others because of her location.

I believe that BBWC reported from the Mariner on a previous thread that some of the Mariner crew were sent over for Voyager restart. Not sure how many were sent.

1 hour ago, JK B said:

This is our first cruise with Regent (previous cruises on Crystal).  We are having the same issues everyone is complaining about in every restaurant except our first night at Prime7.  1 hour wait for our friend’s hamburger in Compass Rose this afternoon, and last night at Sette Mare was painfully slow with customers all around us complaining to the staff.  On a positive note, we have ordered breakfast in our room every morning and it has been excellent and on time.  We are planning on eating dinner in our room tonight just to avoid the hassle.  Certainly not the “Luxury” cruise we paid for. We have had several maintenance issues which were resolved after 2 days and no fault of our butler, as he requested repairs when we boarded on Saturday.  I will say that I am grateful that we are able to go ashore independently, but not happy about the mask mandates on the ship…Especially the N95 masks they make us wear.  Very hard to breathe.

I will just take a deep breath (without my mask) and hope for a few less problems for the remainder of our voyage. 

Sorry to hear about the problems you’re experiencing with Regent. We should have been on that cruise but failed the antigen test ! 
We came off Seaborne a few weeks ago, having sailed with Crystal several times, and there they had problems in the main restaurant with long waits and complaints. As you say, where’s the ‘ luxury ‘ experience.

3 minutes ago, CAT58 said:

That would be good - but we  are embarking (hopefully) on the 5th April! 

What does rssc.com/voyage-health say about masking on your cruise?

I can see why inventory was dumped in Europe; cannot imagine paying full price for a cruise as reported here.

This cruise reminds me of one we took on the old Diamond 17 years ago.it was the first Radisson (now Regent) cruise to test out beverage all inclusive. Naturally it was actually over 100% full. Physical and personnel systems were over-run, though not as badly as on this Voyager cruise. I was having just a friendly casual conversation with the Captain (not about the problems). He brought up the fact that things weren’t going as well as he would like, and he would see about a partial refund for all guests. Even though I said it wasn’t that bad, a week after we returned home, we received a $500 refund! Something like that is clearly in order for guests on this Voyager cruise,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrlevin said:

What does rssc.com/voyage-health say about masking on your cruise?

I can see why inventory was dumped in Europe; cannot imagine paying full price for a cruise as reported here.

We have been told in writing that masks will be required due to EU requirements for this cruise.

That information seems to be only accessible through a link received in a pre-cruise email, which also includes all of the information for each country we will visit. 

My guess is that they don’t want to confuse people with requirements that are only pertinent to specific cruises.

Edited by Pudgesmom
  • Like 1