Keeping in touch with fellow cruisers with X app

cruisegal415

The Celebrity app says you can use it to connect with other people on your cruise if you connect to the ship's wifi, you don't need an internet package. How well does this work? We're going on the Summit tomorrow, purchased the wifi plan but wonder if we need it if we just want to stay in touch with each other on the ship?

57 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

To be honest it works ok but due to the fact that there is no alert when you received a message it is pretty useless.   If you have a package I would just use regular texting.

This was our experience also this past fall, however last week while on the Reflection I did receive a notification with every onboard text sent via the app.  Not sure why it worked this time, but I did check my setting for notifications and the Celebrity App was set to notify me so it could have been a setting on my end previously, or maybe it was part of the update they did recently.

2 hours ago, garyl62 said:

This was our experience also this past fall, however last week while on the Reflection I did receive a notification with every onboard text sent via the app.  Not sure why it worked this time, but I did check my setting for notifications and the Celebrity App was set to notify me so it could have been a setting on my end previously, or maybe it was part of the update they did recently.

Interesting to hear.    Maybe they finally implemented a notification to make the app more usable.   I will give it a try in a couple weeks.