5-person cabin on Allure

51 minutes ago, archer_310 said:

I'm looking at a Boardwalk cabin on the Allure.  Some of them are listed as 5+.  Are the cabins larger?  How do they compare to ones that only sleep 4 people?  Does anyone know what the difference is?

I think they are the same size as the rest. I wouldn’t want to jam 5 into that cabin.  

52 minutes ago, archer_310 said:

No, there's just 4 of us.  Just wondered about the layout, but I guess there's a bed on the wall if there's a 5th person.  At least that's what the CS rep told me when I was booking the cabin.

And with 4 in that room the bed on the wall would probably make it even slightly tighter.  Id avoid those cabins.  If there is availability on the end (aft), that would give you the best views of the aqua shows and the water.  But it is a longer walk to the elevator/stairs.  Pros and cons to all of them.  I’d shoot for deck 10 or 11 though.  

9 hours ago, topnole said:

And with 4 in that room the bed on the wall would probably make it even slightly tighter.  Id avoid those cabins.  If there is availability on the end (aft), that would give you the best views of the aqua shows and the water.  But it is a longer walk to the elevator/stairs.  Pros and cons to all of them.  I’d shoot for deck 10 or 11 though.  

I ended up booking 12327 which is basically an end cabin, so hopefully should have a good view.  Can't find any pictures of these 5-person cabins.  If anyone can help finding one, I'd love to see it.  If the extra bed detracts from the room, I can always switch to another cabin.

They are the same size.  They just have murphy beds which extend down from the ceiling and a fold out couch for the extra passenger capacity.  All are retracted out of view during the day.  But it certainly makes for a crowded stateroom, especially with just the one bathroom.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

7 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

They are the same size.  They just have murphy beds which extend down from the ceiling and a fold out couch for the extra passenger capacity.  All are retracted out of view during the day.  But it certainly makes for a crowded stateroom, especially with just the one bathroom.

I don't see where that 2nd bed would fold down

6 minutes ago, Hutcha said:

Then maybe the fold out couch holds two.  Whatever the configuration, it is a combination of murphy beds and the couch to hold the extra three passengers.  If two MB's it is one on each side.  The key point is either way the stateroom is the same size. When our kids were young we had staterooms that had two murphy beds and a couch for our three on different ships. 

4 minutes ago, Hutcha said:

Ships don't have murphy beds that fold down.  They have pullman beds that come from the ceiling.  The other bed would be the sleep sofa that would be for two.  In the review linked above, you can see the pullman bed already down from the ceiling.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hutcha said:

I found a video of this cabin and it VERY briefly shows the fold down bed comes from the ceiling just above the sofa.  That's what I had originally figured and it confirms that this won't be a problem for us as we won't even know it's there.  Thanks for the help on this!

3 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Ships don't have murphy beds that fold down.  They have pullman beds that come from the ceiling.  The other bed would be the sleep sofa that would be for two.  In the review linked above, you can see the pullman bed already down from the ceiling.

Correct description - my incorrect terminology.  Thanks for clarifying.  (I always called them MB's).

9 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Yes, not my term, and I put the review there. The question is, where does the 5th person go?

5 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Many ships have them that fold out from the wall.  Not sure about Royal but many ships have the style that folds from the wall.