Covid test in FLL or Miami for Europeans 1 day before cruise

b&wcruiser

Try to locate a CVS or Walgreens in that area, make a reservation on their website. You’ll need to see how far in advance they’ll allow you to book, typically it’s 2 weeks in advance.  Or check to see if they are offered at the airport for travel.

Check out Lab Doctor in Fort Lauderdale, 49$pp antigen test, no time booking, only walk-ins. They test all nationalities (we're from Denmark and will be using them this Friday for our Saturday Celebrity Apex sailing).

6 hours ago, vegas7df said:

Try to locate a CVS or Walgreens in that area, make a reservation on their website. You’ll need to see how far in advance they’ll allow you to book, typically it’s 2 weeks in advance.  Or check to see if they are offered at the airport for travel.

Not available to non-US/CA residents, unfortunately.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mikkelhansen said:

Check out Lab Doctor in Fort Lauderdale, 49$pp antigen test, no time booking, only walk-ins. They test all nationalities (we're from Denmark and will be using them this Friday for our Saturday Celebrity Apex sailing).

thanks

On 3/29/2022 at 8:45 AM, crewsweeper said:

Both airports have testing centers.  Just google for location and information.

I know FLL airport requires you to be flying in or out on the day of the test.

Another option:

eMed; order them through https://store.optum.com/celebrity-cruises/ and https://store.optum.com/royal-caribbean/ (alike). Order them with delivery to your hotel, setup an account (use a fake US phone number and state, not user friendly despite RCCL pushing this as their way to test for international travellers..), do the test 24/7 via your tablet/smartphone in your hotel room, results in your email and voila.

Do take in account the shipping is some 20 USD and I see they raised the prices of the kits, it was $150 for six.. travelling is getting popular I guess. :classic_biggrin:

13 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Another option:

eMed; order them through https://store.optum.com/celebrity-cruises/ and https://store.optum.com/royal-caribbean/ (alike). Order them with delivery to your hotel, setup an account (use a fake US phone number and state, not user friendly despite RCCL pushing this as their way to test for international travellers..), do the test 24/7 via your tablet/smartphone in your hotel room, results in your email and voila.

Do take in account the shipping is some 20 USD and I see they raised the prices of the kits, it was $150 for six.. travelling is getting popular I guess. :classic_biggrin:

eMed still sells a 6-pack of test kits for $150 directly through its site:  eMed™ Enabled COVID-19 At-Home Test and Lab Report Bundle .

The Optum Store has recently started to charge for shipping; it's $7.99 for a 3-pack to my (U.S.) address.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2022 at 7:45 AM, b&wcruiser said:

Hallo, We are coming from Europe, what/were is the best way to get a Antigen test in Fort Lauderdale the day before boarding in Miami april 29 We arrive in Fort Lauderdale april 26.

thxs.

Assuming you will be staying in a hotel contact your hotel and ask them where a convenient place would be to get tested. 

24 minutes ago, Marie51 said:

Assuming you will be staying in a hotel contact your hotel and ask them where a convenient place would be to get tested. 

yes thanks. we stay in a hotel, and we will ask them, but I wanne have options

On 3/29/2022 at 2:47 PM, mikkelhansen said:

I believe this one (Lab Doctor) is highly recommended by a YouTuber from Canada that has done several cruises from FLL since the cruise restart.

On 3/31/2022 at 7:32 PM, hallux said:

I believe this one (Lab Doctor) is highly recommended by a YouTuber from Canada that has done several cruises from FLL since the cruise restart.

Posting my "review" of them from the Celebrity forum:

My wife and I got tested there today. Arrived at ~8.40AM, got "signed in" and filled out a web form with name, DOB etc. from my phone. We waited around 15 minutes (there were approximately 10 other persons waiting ahead of us, mostly couples presumably getting tested for a Saturday or Sunday cruise/flight), then got called in, antigen tests taken on both of us VERY gently (ie. not very far into the nostril), printed negative results received after another ~15 minutes. In and out in just over 30 minutes.

Very relaxed atmosphere, no queue-cutting by anyone, everyone was called in chronologically.

I can certainly recommend them for anyone wanting an antigen test done in Fort Lauderdale.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2022 at 2:53 AM, mikkelhansen said:

Posting my "review" of them from the Celebrity forum:

My wife and I got tested there today. Arrived at ~8.40AM, got "signed in" and filled out a web form with name, DOB etc. from my phone. We waited around 15 minutes (there were approximately 10 other persons waiting ahead of us, mostly couples presumably getting tested for a Saturday or Sunday cruise/flight), then got called in, antigen tests taken on both of us VERY gently (ie. not very far into the nostril), printed negative results received after another ~15 minutes. In and out in just over 30 minutes.

Very relaxed atmosphere, no queue-cutting by anyone, everyone was called in chronologically.

I can certainly recommend them for anyone wanting an antigen test done in Fort Lauderdale.

How much did each test cost?