Table for two with fixed dining?

Just now, luckyinpa said:

how would i go about finding my waiter if i'm on an excursion off the ship and decide to eat dinner off the ship 

I should have been more specific - tell them you are not coming during dinner the night before.

BTW, getting grilled by the waiter was just a joke - though they may ask just as a curtesy.

8 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

with fixed dining with 2 top what happens if you decide  not to go there for dinner?  gotta admit the 530 is better than 645 MTD and even with the concierge making my reservation for earlier last time, it seemed like they werent fond of earlier MTD requests.  seems like the only option is be fixed for 530 and just ditch the nights you arent eating there. i cannot possibly know what i want to eat months in advance and dont get how others do. i may want CK one night, the BBQ joint another nite etc etc. even the buffet! horrors i know. 

If you are not at you 2-top for 5:30 traditional dining some nights, nothing will happen.  Once it is clear you are not coming, they will use your table for MTD guests (assuming your table is in the MTD area).  Your waiter might ask where you were…tell them, don’t tell them, make up a funny story, it does not matter.  

9 hours ago, DukeASUGirl said:

So what time did MTD begin? I see 6:30 listed in some places, and 6:45 in other places.

I took early dining as I do not like the new MDD regime, so I do not recall the exact opening time.  When the passenger counts were low, I think some MTD guests were able to be seated before the official MTD start time (as there were spare tables).  That may be less likely to happen as passenger counts rise.

I like the  MTD 2 tops all squished together one foot apart .

You typically get the same table every night or the one next to it if you go at the same time and the other people are the same ones as the night before.

You end up striking a conversation with them which i like , but what i like best is you dont have to wait for everybody to get their meals before you start eating.