Bringing Your Own Alcohol

Tina1967

Hi just a quick couple of questions as not cruised with P&O before or brought alcohol on to a ship,  when bringing a litre bottle of alcohol on board has it got to be an unopened bottle or is it ok to bring a bottle that has been opened already? Also where do you pack the alcohol in your hand luggage or your case that goes to your cabin?

Thanks in advance 😊

It doesn't specify opened or unopened but as the biggest bottle of pretty much everything you can buy comes in 1litre bottle not sure how it could be opened unless you're taking bits of different things.

We buy packaging specifically for bottles from Amazon. It wills with air and cushions the bottle completely so we put it in our main luggage

• Like 1

Personally would never put any bottles of alcohol in my suitcases having seen how they get thrown around at the ports and on the ship when embarking. The consequence of it breaking and if not ruining your clothes but causing big problems at the start of a cruise isnt worth the risk so they go in the hand luggage every time.

Asking about if an open bottle ok as I got a bottle of Jack Daniels for Xmas but have had a couple of drinks from it and thought might take the rest with me instead of buying another bottle to take.

We wrap ours in t-shirts or jumpers and put it in the middle of our suitcase.  I suppose there is a chance it could get broken but even in hand luggage it could get knocked off a chair or fall out of the storage if you're on a coach or a plane.

If you're asking how would P&O prefer you to take it on board - they really don't mind!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Waju said:

We wrap ours in t-shirts or jumpers and put it in the middle of our suitcase.  I suppose there is a chance it could get broken but even in hand luggage it could get knocked off a chair or fall out of the storage if you're on a coach or a plane.

If you're asking how would P&O prefer you to take it on board - they really don't mind!

Same here.