Anyone preparing to sail on a NCL vessel from a Europe port next month?

rabadipscavern

We leave May 11 the our of Rome on the Escape. I'm guessing all the COVID shots info will be listed when we check in online 21 days before the cruise. I'm sure that of the regulations in Europe change before the cruise, NCL will update us via emails.

• Like 1

We are sailing in mid April. The email we received (a month in advance) is, I believe, a standard email that covers everywhere, with differences noted (i.e. testing two days before in US, 3 days elsewhere).

There aren't really many differences between Europe and the US with regard to NCL's requirements. Mainly it is just that extra day on the testing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rabadipscavern said:

Thanks for the replies! I've read a bunch of articles stating vaccinations expiring if more than 6 months from the second shot/booster, I guess that was my main concern. 

That sounds like requirements in order to enter specific countries. I’m not aware of NCL giving specific guidance on this, and wouldn’t expect them to. It is always best to do your own research.

My understanding (although I’m not all that up with this as we fall well within the limits) is that most EU countries only consider you vaccinated if the last shot was within 9 months. I believe that NCL would allow you on the ship with an older vaccine, but you have to get there.

23 hours ago, rabadipscavern said:

Thanks for the replies! I've read a bunch of articles stating vaccinations expiring if more than 6 months from the second shot/booster, I guess that was my main concern. 

We had read that as well for France, and tried to hold off on getting our boosters. But for work, I was mandated to get it before mid-February. Was hoping to hold off until around this time so we would be covered for both this trip and our upcoming one in September too without additional jabs. Wait and see game for now.

6 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

We had read that as well for France, and tried to hold off on getting our boosters. But for work, I was mandated to get it before mid-February. Was hoping to hold off until around this time so we would be covered for both this trip and our upcoming one in September too without additional jabs. Wait and see game for now.

We just booked a cruise on Epic departing Rome on 6/28/22.  Is there somewhere on NCL website that gives all the requirements on covid vaccinations for each port?  Also, where can we find out if we will be allowed to take excursions outside ship excursions?

Thank you

27 minutes ago, taylortime05 said:

We just booked a cruise on Epic departing Rome on 6/28/22.  Is there somewhere on NCL website that gives all the requirements on covid vaccinations for each port?  Also, where can we find out if we will be allowed to take excursions outside ship excursions?

Thank you

NCL are not going to put things like the requirements for each port on their website. Think of the fuss if there is an error or outdated information. They will just state that you should check for yourself.

I am fairly sure that Italy is the only country in Europe which has required people take ship tours. I’m not sure, as I’m not travelling there this year, but I think that may be ending soon (if not already).

On 3/30/2022 at 12:36 AM, rabadipscavern said:

This is the case for the EU countries when it comes to the second vaccination shot (or first when talking about one of the vaccines that requires only one shot) - there is a 270 days validation limit. There is currently NO timelimit for the validation of a BOOSTER.

For other questions in regards to local covid-rules when it comes to the use of masks indoor etc, this is the best and most up-to-date website for that: https://reopen.europa.eu/en

As far as I have understood, in most of EU all covid "rules" will be gone by end of May 2022 if not earlier (dates varies from country to country) - except the vaccination requirement

Edited by TrumpyNor
  • Like 1

On 3/31/2022 at 1:51 AM, TrumpyNor said:

This is the case for the EU countries when it comes to the second vaccination shot (or first when talking about one of the vaccines that requires only one shot) - there is a 270 days validation limit. There is currently NO timelimit for the validation of a BOOSTER.

For other questions in regards to local covid-rules when it comes to the use of masks indoor etc, this is the best and most up-to-date website for that: https://reopen.europa.eu/en

As far as I have understood, in most of EU all covid "rules" will be gone by end of May 2022 if not earlier (dates varies from country to country) - except the vaccination requirement

So if you’ve had a booster, it doesn’t matter if it was more than 270 days ago?  

5 hours ago, TrumpyNor said:

Correct, if you have a booster shot there is currently no limit. 

Another reason to get that booster.  Read the current thread about passengers denied boarding the Star in Barcelona.  Not an NCL decision but the countries being visited changing their requirements.  The discussion suggests Italy's rules in addition to Spain.  
We all hope to see requirements relaxed as the situation changes for the better but we must remember that it could also go the other way.  

We will get our 2nd booster in July between our 2 B3B cruises.  
I want ships to keep sailing and to be onboard when they do.

• Like 1