Last straw on Cut backs

Tablelamp

3 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We had a week in Menorca in October. About £700pp for a week in a 4* AI hotel in a Premier sea view room. P&O are quite good value, but incredible is a bit of an exaggeration. Our hotel didn't have inside rooms without windows. As a 74 year old who likes big, modern ships, I find your comment about older people an incredible generalisation.

I'm thinking of my parents who struggle walking far and don't like things too busy and noisy

Would prefer a holiday without too many kids running around

(We also enjoyed smaller ship experience on azamara)

So yes it's a generalisation and a mistake so I apologise

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Yes. It's still incredible value for money compared to other land based holidays 

Yes in particular the Caribbean. We normally do land based AI but avoid Jan / Feb as the prices literally double. Our latest cruise (14 day aft cabin Arvia- ) was coming in at less than half the price of some of our favourite hotels in Antigua / St Lucia and it was weird sat on their beaches this time around. The OBC paid for our drinks (and two tours). 

Having last sailed P&O in 2019 and comparing it to now I honestly can't say any changes have put us off. As a matter of fact nice as it is we didn't miss turn down as we always felt we had to leave the cabin looking presentable before going out 🤣. We did Princess in 2022 and I'm damned if I could tell any difference between the both apart from Arvias cocktail menu being woeful - especially the Crows nest.    

Looking ahead I've noticed Caribbean prices aren't really softening for next winter (unlike 12 months ago) with less OBC, probably due to strong demand for what I think is still a very good value product. I think I'll hold off and monitor but that Arvia 22 night TA plus Islands looks tempting. We also saw the bookings desk was very busy most days. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Pippa04 said:

I wouldn't bother apologising too profusely - you did say "some older people". Factually correct I'd say!

But why single out Older people at all ?. I think some people dislike generalisations.  Oops I just did it.🤣

46 minutes ago, doog442 said:

Yes in particular the Caribbean. We normally do land based AI but avoid Jan / Feb as the prices literally double. Our latest cruise (14 day aft cabin Arvia- ) was coming in at less than half the price of some of our favourite hotels in Antigua / St Lucia and it was weird sat on their beaches this time around. The OBC paid for our drinks (and two tours). 

Having last sailed P&O in 2019 and comparing it to now I honestly can't say any changes have put us off. As a matter of fact nice as it is we didn't miss turn down as we always felt we had to leave the cabin looking presentable before going out 🤣. We did Princess in 2022 and I'm damned if I could tell any difference between the both apart from Arvias cocktail menu being woeful - especially the Crows nest.    

Looking ahead I've noticed Caribbean prices aren't really softening for next winter (unlike 12 months ago) with less OBC, probably due to strong demand for what I think is still a very good value product. I think I'll hold off and monitor but that Arvia 22 night TA plus Islands looks tempting. We also saw the bookings desk was very busy most days. 

So many new cruisers using Arvia for the first time who then can recommend the value to others

Whole new generations of cruisers are being created from people seeing the value on arvia in the Caribbean