Re-testing at embarkation?

flahagan

Will we still have to have another test at the terminal prior to boarding if we have the required negative test?  I know MSC was requiring it last month and it took me 3 hours standing in line before I was finally on board.

The only Princess cruises I'm aware of that required a test at embarkation were Hawaii cruises out of SF.  I believe that was a requirement from Hawaii, not Princess.  I don't know if they're still doing it.

21 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

The only Princess cruises I'm aware of that required a test at embarkation were Hawaii cruises out of SF.  I believe that was a requirement from Hawaii, not Princess.  I don't know if they're still doing it.

They actually stopped it from what I've heard but there were a great deal of passengers that tested negative 2 days earlier and ended up testing positive on embarkation day.  That was as recently as mid January during the Omicron spike.  It could be reinstated at any time, I suppose, with the uptick in cases onboard lately.  I heard on the news this morning that this new Omicron subvariant is prevalent here on the west coast now.  

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, dockman said:

As I understand it right now you have to show negative test done before u get to ship along with vax card?

Yes, just hoping they're not testing again at the pier.  It really causes massive delays to the boarding process.  I'm going on the Enchanted transatlantic April 9 out of Ft. Lauderdale.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, flahagan said:

Yes, just hoping they're not testing again at the pier.  It really causes massive delays to the boarding process.  I'm going on the Enchanted transatlantic April 9 out of Ft. Lauderdale.

No extra testing at Pier if you show up with the required documents.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1