Izumi on Diamond Princess

sunsetme

18 minutes ago, sunsetme said:

Booked for a cruise in November and have just discovered this. Has anyone experienced it? Is there an extra charge for it?

I also booked a cruise in November and was looking at this. For some reason, I'd never looked at the Diamond before, so this came as a surprise to me. It looks like an extra cost thing to me, but I frankly don't know.

Yes, it is an extra charge. We had a look around it on embarkation day when we did a Sydney to Tokyo repositioning cruise on Diamond in 2018. Nice pools but not hot enough for me so I didn't bother trying it out. As far as I can recall most of the sessions are bathing suits required but they did offer one or two sessions a day in the more traditional Japanese manner - ie segregated nude bathing. 

Diamond regularly cruises out of Japan and I imagine it would be very popular there.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/31/2022 at 10:50 PM, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yes, it is an extra charge. We had a look around it on embarkation day when we did a Sydney to Tokyo repositioning cruise on Diamond in 2018. Nice pools but not hot enough for me so I didn't bother trying it out. As far as I can recall most of the sessions are bathing suits required but they did offer one or two sessions a day in the more traditional Japanese manner - ie segregated nude bathing. 

Diamond regularly cruises out of Japan and I imagine it would be very popular there.

Did you happen to note what the charge per session was?

On 3/31/2022 at 5:34 PM, sunsetme said:

Booked for a cruise in November and have just discovered this. Has anyone experienced it? Is there an extra charge for it?

We just booked on the Diamond for my 40th bday in September and I'm super excited. I've wanted to try the Izumi bath since I first heard about it. There is a video I found on youtube with more info. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rheathslc said:
On 3/31/2022 at 10:50 PM, OzKiwiJJ said:

Expand  

NVM - just found a video that covers the cost. 🙂

On 4/1/2022 at 7:34 AM, sunsetme said:

On 4/28/2022 at 11:45 PM, rheathslc said:

Here is the price in early 2020, the second last voyage before the ill-fated pandemic cruise in Japan which hits the international headline.

image.png.67214df0d698c865d7568e234b1b503f.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/29/2022 at 1:45 AM, rheathslc said:

No, sorry. I think you could buy a "package" of five or so sessions which was cheaper but can't recall what it cost. Plus she was operating in AUD on that cruise.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...