Help with canceling a cruise for next week

doxiegal

I need help. I have tried contacting Carnival since last Sunday to cancel a cruise. I have been on hold for anywhere up to 3 hours, each day without speaking to a service rep. I need to cancel a cruise that is leaving next week on the 9th. I've spent hours online trying to see if there is a way to do it online, but can't come up with anything. I can't seem to get through to anyone at Carnival to do this. Doe's anyone know if I can do it online? Maybe, I'm not looking in the right area. I do have the Carnival " Cancel for any reason" protection plan. Thanks, in advance

24 minutes ago, doxiegal said:

I need help. I have tried contacting Carnival since last Sunday to cancel a cruise. I have been on hold for anywhere up to 3 hours, each day without speaking to a service rep. I need to cancel a cruise that is leaving next week on the 9th. I've spent hours online trying to see if there is a way to do it online, but can't come up with anything. I can't seem to get through to anyone at Carnival to do this. Doe's anyone know if I can do it online? Maybe, I'm not looking in the right area. I do have the Carnival " Cancel for any reason" protection plan. Thanks, in advance

I don't know about the mobile app but when using a laptop there is an option. If you booked it yourself you can go to "Booking Details" at the top of the page. Scroll down to where it says "Paid In Full." Click "View Balance Details" and scroll down to the very bottom and it will say, "View Cancellation Information." When you click on that you will see an option to cancel it. They do a very good job of hiding it I guess so people don't accidentally cancel. Good Luck!

Edited by OfcSupport
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, OfcSupport said:

I don't know about the mobile app but when using a laptop there is an option. If you booked it yourself you can go to "Booking Details" at the top of the page. Scroll down to where it says "Paid In Full." Click "View Balance Details" and scroll down to the very bottom and it will say, "View Cancellation Information." When you click on that you will see an option to cancel it. They do a very good job of hiding it I guess so people don't accidentally cancel. Good Luck!

YES.  This is how I've always done it. Very easy.

On a desk top however.

• Like 1

You need to stay on hold ....I was on for three and a half hours ...went out walked the dog and came home and still on hold...eventually got a rep and was able to move my Jan 2022 cruise to November 2022  without penalty or other charges 

57 minutes ago, OfcSupport said:

Thanks

Yes, I have been to this area. But even though I have the cancel for any reason insurance, it says if I cancel today, I'll lose $230.. So I don't want to hit the Cancel button here, because I don't want to be out $230, when I have a valid illness prohibiting me from taking the cruise.

Edited by doxiegal
edit
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, doxiegal said:

Thanks

Yes, I have been to this area. But even though I have the cancel for any reason insurance, it says if I cancel today, I'll lose $230.. So I don't want to hit the Cancel button here, because I don't want to be out $230, when I have a valid illness prohibiting me from taking the cruise.

Then contact the insurance company and find out what your options are before you cancel.

Carnival only sells insurance. They don’t administer the plan. AON is the plan administrator. Read your policy.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

Then contact the insurance company and find out what your options are before you cancel.

Carnival only sells insurance. They don’t administer the plan. AON is the plan administrator. Read your policy.

Not totally correct Carnival administers the cancel any reason portion themselves:

TRIP CANCELLATION

(*Cancellation Fee Waiver Program non-insurance feature provided by Carnival Cruise Line)

I just went through this on Wednesday for our upcoming cruise on Monday. The first time I called around 2pm I was on hold for 30 minutes and choose the call back option. I had not heard back so around 7pm I called again and was on hold for 2.5 hours. Finally spoke to an agent who canceled one guest in our cabin due to a positive covid result. I had to pay the cancellation fee and was given an email address to send the covid results to and request that the fee be returned as a future credit.

And lo and behold around 5am Carnival finally called me back, lol. I couldn't believe they would return a call at 5 in the morning, such a weird time!🤷‍♀️

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, doxiegal said:

Thanks

You will have no choice but to call.