Random Oosterdam bathroom cabin question

Oldies123

Does anyone know whether the bathrooms in a balcony cabin on the Oosterdam have bath mats or a hand rail for stability , and also are the shampoo etc in dispensers on the wall in the shower ?

Reason for asking is when we originally booked our cruise a couple of years ago all was well, but having now had 3 cancellations, time has passed and hubby had a stroke which left him with balance issues and unable to use one arm.  He isn't bad enough to want a disabled cabin, and I have a bathmat and portable gripper handle , plus plastic shampoo dispenser ready to pack, but they are cumbersome so if I can get away without taking them it would help.  Many thanks

I've not been on the Oosterdam (yet) but I have never had a stateroom onboard that did not have grip bars and bath mats, and for the past five or so years, the shampoo dispensers on the wall.  I think you'll be fine to leave those things at home.  However, you might want to check the pictures on halfacts.com to be sure that the grip bars are in the correct place for your DH's needs.  Here's one that I found that might be useful:

https://halfacts.com/vista-class/4181-Oosterdam/

I have been on the Ooesterdam twice.  My dad has balancing issues.  I request a shower stool from my PCC.  Last time I Was on the Ooesterdam was in 2017 and had no problem requesting the shower stool.  You just need to do it ahead of time.

• Like 2