Solo Price For New Azamara Promotion

ptrpanpens

Does anyone know why the total price of a cabin would be $2,000+ more if booked for single occupancy than the total price of the same cabin when booked for double occupancy.

it appears the current promotion of 60% reduction for the second person does not apply when the cabin is booked by only one person. I understand that singles usually pay as much as double what 2 people pay for non promotional rates but shouldn’t the total price of cabin be the same?

i am looking at a cruise where the total cabin price for two persons including taxes is approximately $6,400 where the total cabin price for single occupancy is a little over $8600 for the same cabin. Does this seem fair?

i seem to remember this happening the last time Azamara had this same promotion and they eventually adjusted the price down for single occupancy so that the total cost of the cabin was the same minus taxes for one person.

maybe I am confused. Any solo travelers or anyone else have an opinion on this?

25 minutes ago, ptrpanpens said:

Does anyone know why the total price of a cabin would be $2,000+ more if booked for single occupancy than the total price of the same cabin when booked for double occupancy.

it appears the current promotion of 60% reduction for the second person does not apply when the cabin is booked by only one person. I understand that singles usually pay as much as double what 2 people pay for non promotional rates but shouldn’t the total price of cabin be the same?

i am looking at a cruise where the total cabin price for two persons including taxes is approximately $6,400 where the total cabin price for single occupancy is a little over $8600 for the same cabin. Does this seem fair?

i seem to remember this happening the last time Azamara had this same promotion and they eventually adjusted the price down for single occupancy so that the total cost of the cabin was the same minus taxes for one person.

maybe I am confused. Any solo travelers or anyone else have an opinion on this?

When you look at the Azamara web page, they say there are solo savings for some itineraries. It is called something like single125. I have chosen one of those itineraries. But when I have booked there was no discount at all for this category although it said it would be a solo discount. I have received other discounts for this cruise, for example the quarterly club discount and at the end I have accepted the final price but it is weird that no solo discount came.

Ivi

Edited by travelberlin

3 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Is it a guarantee?  Guarantees aren't always offered to solos. 

Phil 

No it is the new promotion 60% off for the second guest. I know the guarantees aren’t offered to single occupancy but I have gotten them by elevating the request to higher ups.

1 minute ago, travelberlin said:

When you look at the Azamara web page, they say there are solo savings for some itineraries. It is called something like single125. I have chosen one of those itineraries. But when I have booked there was no discount at all for this category although it said it would be a solo discount. I have received other discounts for this cruise, for example the quarterly club discount and I the end I have accepted the final price but it is weird that no solo discount came.

Ivi

Often they do not update specials to reflect current availability. It is maddening they are so incompetent.

solo prices have been really good until the past couple weeks even though they have plenty of empty cabins on some cruises. Maybe they are trying to see how much they can get closer to sail date.

i get that solos pay more but why would the total cabin where a single is booked cost over $2,000 more than the total cabin where two persons are booked? Maybe they figure they lose $2,000 in extras when only one person books so they want to really gouge  us.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, ptrpanpens said:

No it is the new promotion 60% off for the second guest. I know the guarantees aren’t offered to single occupancy but I have gotten them by elevating the request to higher ups.

Understand. To me it sounds like they've messed up and haven't attached the offer to singles. Unless buried within the terms and conditions it says not applicable to singles. Which is ridiculous because you are paying for two people. Every such offer I've booked in the past as a single gets the same offer as two people. I'd check it with them. It's not the first time there have been mistakes in the booking engine. If you find out then let us know. 

Phil 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Understand. To me it sounds like they've messed up and haven't attached the offer to singles. Unless buried within the terms and conditions it says not applicable to singles. Which is ridiculous because you are paying for two people. Every such offer I've booked in the past as a single gets the same offer as two people. I'd check it with them. It's not the first time there have been mistakes in the booking engine. If you find out then let us know. 

Phil 

Will do when I find out anything. Right now I am not ready to book anything so don’t want to escalate things to upper management. Hoping they will hear from other singles and just correct the site.

quarterly savings haven’t  been updated to April quarter either.