Independent Tour Similar to Royal's Food Tasting in Cozumel

sjmbruce

My parents have made a last minute decision to do something in Cozumel.  The Royal tour they were interested in is sold out. Can anyone recommend a food based tour in Cozumel that doesn't involve a lot of walking?

1 hour ago, sjmbruce said:

Can anyone recommend a food based tour in Cozumel that doesn't involve a lot of walking?

Contact the vendor of the RCI tour and see if they have space. Also, ask this in the port of call section. 

On 4/2/2022 at 2:12 PM, sjmbruce said:

My parents have made a last minute decision to do something in Cozumel.  The Royal tour they were interested in is sold out. Can anyone recommend a food based tour in Cozumel that doesn't involve a lot of walking?

It would help if you gave more details of the Royal tour - “food to table and beach”, or are they now offering the Cozumel Food tour?

Both can be booked independently but not sure of the logistics of a second vehicle for the second one if it is now offered Through the cruise line. Further details here - no walking involved

Otherwise perfectly easy to organize a private driver for the day, or negotiate a few hours with a taxi at the port and arrange your own tour.

Another thread

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2841568-looking-for-a-food-tour-in-cozumel-that-runs-on-sunday/#comment-62918977

Edited by c-leg5

Hard to find Royal Excursions at the moment unless it is for your sailing and even then they are limited. However I did find 

Gourmet Experience in Cozumel - CZ3X

Is this the one?

I didn’t find much of a description but the photo looks like the the cooking class (not a food tour?) from 1xKool which is just across the road at Royal Village. If that is the case you can certainly do it independently although you would have to check times if there is a cruise ship group there.

On 4/2/2022 at 2:12 PM, sjmbruce said:

The Cozumel Food Tour, website on FB.  I did this one.  Not alot of walking really.  Getting in and out the van and couple steps  into the places were we ate.  The only stop that was more walking than this was the market.  But it was a slow walk stopping several times and under 25 minutes.  The thing about the tour also since private, there were only five of us so easy to adjust for the group.

• Like 1

Just now, airlink diva said:

The Cozumel Food Tour, website on FB.  I did this one.  Not alot of walking really.  Getting in and out the van and couple steps  into the places were we ate.  The only stop that was more walking than this was the market.  But it was a slow walk stopping several times and under 25 minutes.  The thing about the tour also since private, there were only five of us so easy to adjust for the group.

Sorry, I meant Trip Advisor, not FB

We just did the Cozumel Food Tour this last week and it was wonderful!  We were with both sets of our parents who are in the early 80's and we all loved it.  You go to 4 different restaurants to sit down and eat, plus you walk through the market and the last stop is the bakery where you pick out something to take with you.  Everything is included and it is $80/pp.  We had Gerry as our guide and he was wonderful.  Their website is www.cozumelchef.com  I believe they have a FB page too.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, airlink diva said:

The Cozumel Food Tour, website on FB.  I did this one. 

21 hours ago, Jenny in TX said:

We just did the Cozumel Food Tour this last week and it was wonderful! 

Agree the Cozumel Food Tour is good but I am not seeing any Food Tour listed for my upcoming sailing. Did either of you do it through the ship, I thought it was an independent tour?

It would be helpful if @sjmbruce would return with further details of the listed tour.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Agree the Cozumel Food Tour is good but I am not seeing any Food Tour listed for my upcoming sailing. Did either of you do it through the ship, I thought it was an independent tour?

It would be helpful if @sjmbruce would return with further details of the listed tour.

We did not book it through the ship.  I booked it directly through Cozumel Food Tour.  I very rarely book excursions through the ship. This tour can not hold the capacity that the ship tours have on them.  Most of the restaurants were very small which we loved!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jenny in TX said:

We did not book it through the ship.  I booked it directly through Cozumel Food Tour.  I very rarely book excursions through the ship. This tour can not hold the capacity that the ship tours have on them.  Most of the restaurants were very small which we loved!

We have already done the tour, a few years back, and am well aware of how it is normally booked BUT the OP wants go know about an

Independent Tour Similar to Royal's Food Tasting in Cozumel.

I wondered if post-Covid Emily had struck an contract with the cruise lines since I know she also books through third party brokers.

Unfortunately I can’t find the listing for the Royal tour but I am beginning to think it isn’t this one. IF it is the gourmet experience I posted above I suspect it is at the new Mayan restaurant 1xKool.I would like to try there but would book it independently either for the class or a meal.

So many fun places to eat in Cozumel.

Edited by c-leg5