Prebook for Chefs Table and Izumi Hibachi Star Class

Hi fellow cruisers! Going on Oasis in a few weeks in Star Class. Has anyone in a Star Class suite been asked by the Genie to prebook and pay for Chef's Table or Hibachi in the cruise planner? Curious if this is new procedure since the Genie has booked this for us in the past. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, kjaw said:

It does seem to be a new thing.  We had to do this on Oasis in March.  It was refunded and all was well, but kind of a bummer that the genie can't just take care of it.

Thank you for the info! Assuming it was refunded to your original form of payment and not onboard credit. We cruised in Oct on SOTS and our Genie reserved Hibachi no questions asked. Not sure what's going on here. 

Edited by Kdmansfield

13 hours ago, tcrandal said:

MANY different reports on this. However, I suppose I was fortunate that our Genie on the Oasis for 4/10 put it in our preliminary plan without us even having to ask. 

Interesting, we are on the next sailing 4/17. Was it for both Chef's Table and Hibachi?

8 hours ago, RFerrington said:

Never heard of this before.  If true, it’s definitely new.  Hard to believe, too.

Waiting to hear back from our Genie about this. Maybe new policy? Doesn't seem to be aligned across ships or Genies. 

This is surprising news for me (I'll be on Oasis April 17).  Out of an abundance of caution I went ahead and booked Chef's Table on the cruise planner.  I'll report back if I hear anything from my Genie about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you wish to enjoy Hibachi and/or Chef’s Table experiences, my recommendation is to book it through Cruise Planner to secure a place, as we are only able to make your reservations one day prior the sailing, once Cruise Planner is closed. Kindly note the charges will be refunded once onboard.  

This was in my pre-cruise info from Agostina on Harmony for 3/27 sailing.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Amanda31 said:

If you wish to enjoy Hibachi and/or Chef’s Table experiences, my recommendation is to book it through Cruise Planner to secure a place, as we are only able to make your reservations one day prior the sailing, once Cruise Planner is closed. Kindly note the charges will be refunded once onboard.  

This was in my pre-cruise info from Agostina on Harmony for 3/27 sailing.

We received very similar language in our Genie letter, but not the part about not being able to make reservations until one day prior to boarding, once the cruise planner is closed.