Cunard Online check-in

MCC retired,

On our Crossing last month out of SH we were traveling with friends who received a boarding time 2 hours earlier than us. We are Gold level and it was their first time on Cunard. We had an unobstructed Britannia balcony and they had a sheltered balcony. I can't figure out the rhyme or reason to the Cunard boarding schedule. I suspect it that it might just be completely random except for Grills, Diamond and Platinum. At the terminal there certainly was no attention paid to individual assigned boarding times. It was first come - first serve.

Jack

• Thanks 1

We boarded in Brooklyn on May 15. It didn't make a particle of difference what time your boarding pass indicated, what tier (diamond, platinum, etc) you were on, what cabin assignment you had. Just go to the end of the line that stretched around the block (so to speak) where the checkers re checked every scrap of paper you had. It didn't matter if you had printed out all of the health forms, etickets, boarding passes, etc. You had to go thru another enormous line to even get to the actual check in.

We went thru this same mess in Feb. and chalked it up to the QM2 entering the US for the first time since covid. Nope, still the exact same mess in May......go figure.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Does anyone know how soon the Electronic Check In feature opens up before the sailing date? (Days before).

Just want to be ready.

should be 21...

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MCC retired said:

What do you have to do to get a decent boarding time ???

I think it's entirely luck of the draw. We've had anything from 1 to 3:45. One time, when we had a 2pm boarding, we happened to get to the terminal at Noon, because of the confluence of good fortune with transportation connections. There was not a soul in sight in the terminal, so we were aboard in about 5 minutes.  At either Brooklyn or Southampton I honestly don't think anyone has ever glanced at our assigned boarding time.

• Thanks 1