RCI keeps sending me "Notice of Balance Due" for paid up cruise

Wow...from reading all these other experiences...I do indeed believe the "mysterious mini-bar charges" of the past have grown up to morph into a much more lucrative "accidental" charge.  😠

Shame on you RCI.   Charges show up immediately...but refunds take way too many phone calls, too much time on forever hold,  and much too long to be refunded.  

Once again, the mistakes are never in our favor....for some reason.  🤨

Yesterday I applied a second set of FCC to my July cruise whose final payment is next week.  I got 2 invoices.  One is correctly showing what I should owe and another is $150 or so more.  Huh?  Who is sending these out?  I’m going to have to sit on the phone again and try and get this ironed out before final payment.  I’m concerned I’ll have to pay the higher amount or my cruise will be canceled.  Grrrr.

I thought that my phantom "Balance Due" problems (for $50) had been resolved as a I received a credit for a Voom Package that I had cancelled in my Visa account (the first person I spoke to in Resolutions said that this credit was causing the problem).  However, I received another "Balance Due" email this morning -- the email and the attached invoice showed a "0" balance due.  

This is beyond frustrating.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Wow...from reading all these other experiences...I do indeed believe the "mysterious mini-bar charges" of the past have grown up to morph into a much more lucrative "accidental" charge.  😠

Shame on you RCI.   Charges show up immediately...but refunds take way too many phone calls, too much time on forever hold,  and much too long to be refunded.  

Once again, the mistakes are never in our favor....for some reason.  🤨

And they're continuing -- everything seems to be IT problems and we all know that RCI's IT sucks.

Just now, SherriZ366 said:

And they're continuing -- everything seems to be IT problems and we all know that RCI's IT sucks.

If it is an IT problem...which I am sure it is...I still find it a bit "convenient" that it is always to RCI's favor...not ours.  😉   Our payments post immediately...their refunds...Hahaha!!   

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

If it is an IT problem...which I am sure it is...I still find it a bit "convenient" that it is always to RCI's favor...not ours.  😉   Our payments post immediately...their refunds...Hahaha!!   

I actually got my refund for the Voom Internet in the Cruise Planner and it posted to my Visa account.  however, the phantom $50 balance due is still not cleared up.  

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi Sherri, it’s been over a year since you posted this. May I know what happened eventually? I’m having a similar issue: I cancelled my Arcade Credit and subsequently made full payment for the cruise. Instead of getting the refund for the cancelled Arcade Credit, I keep receiving “Notice of Balance Due” emails for the same amount!

Edited by Chankong

10 hours ago, Chankong said:

Hi Sherri, it’s been over a year since you posted this. May I know what happened eventually? I’m having a similar issue: I cancelled my Arcade Credit and subsequently made full payment for the cruise. Instead of getting the refund for the cancelled Arcade Credit, I keep receiving “Notice of Balance Due” emails for the same amount!

I finally forwarded the notice to RCI corporate office (Michael Bayley, RCI CEO) and one of the staff got back to me and told me that this was an IT glitch and I did not owe anything.  I had no problems at the pier when I checked in.  mbayley@rccl.com

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

I finally forwarded the notice to RCI corporate office (Michael Bayley, RCI CEO) and one of the staff got back to me and told me that this was an IT glitch and I did not owe anything.  I had no problems at the pier when I checked in.  mbayley@rccl.com

Thanks for your reply! Glad things worked out fine for you.