Availability of 'Menus'

davecttr

I don't understand how you can have a wine bar that does not have a wine list. The Glass house used too but now it does not? Same with other onboard bars and restaurants. Go to Epicurian, no menu Sir, or wine list but I recommend you try......... (cheap overpriced stuff that the P&O accountants are pushing)  😲

• Like 2

I disembarked the Iona on April 2nd. We often asked the bar waiters for a menu and they always supplied us with a paper/card one to read. In the Glass House we would sometimes borrow one from the check-in desk. I also used to preplan my drinks by looking up the menus on the drinks page of the app. Most bar menus are on there including the full range of beers at the Keel and Cow and the wines at the Glass House.

We we’re also given a wine list in the Epicurean alongside our food menus.

Edited by Leomins
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, davecttr said:

I don't understand how you can have a wine bar that does not have a wine list. The Glass house used too but now it does not? Same with other onboard bars and restaurants. Go to Epicurian, no menu Sir, or wine list but I recommend you try......... (cheap overpriced stuff that the P&O accountants are pushing)  😲

Hi Dave.

We went to Epicurean on Iona 7 times during our recent 14 nights cruise and we were given the wine list and food menu every visit.

There are 2 menu's which are changed weekly.

They gave us the new menu the day before it changed so we could look at it at leasure in our cabin before our next visit.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2022 at 8:04 AM, Leomins said:

I disembarked the Iona on April 2nd. We often asked the bar waiters for a menu and they always supplied us with a paper/card one to read. In the Glass House we would sometimes borrow one from the check-in desk. I also used to preplan my drinks by looking up the menus on the drinks page of the app. Most bar menus are on there including the full range of beers at the Keel and Cow and the wines at the Glass House.

We we’re also given a wine list in the Epicurean alongside our food menus.

That’s good to know thanks. In the Glasshouse last time I cruised I chose  a lovely white by reading the description. I don’t really want the waiters recommendation. Sailed once on a ship that had Norovirus and they took away the menus. I chose  same old every day! With cocktails I like to read the description and decide!

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, Bertrand7 said:

On the subject of the wine list, the ones I've seen online are very short, just 8 or so bottles of white or red. Does the MDR have a more extensive range or is that it?

We did find the wine list  had slightly less choice then pre covid sailings in the mdr , however we picked up a bottle in the glasshouse that we preferred and took it in with us, although we did try out a couple off the mdr wine list, were quite easily pleased and not wine experts so not much of a problem for us 🍷

On 4/6/2022 at 7:57 AM, davecttr said:

You living in an alternate universe Dave. 🙂

In the glass house we were given wine lists and menus every time we sat down to eat. They are marked in the corner single use only. We have some we brought back last week.

• Like 1