New European covid requirements.

KeithJenner

NCL have updated their covid section to show additional requirements in Europe.

14 day requirement for the booster is now stated on the NCL site. I’m not sure whether this is correct, according to European requirements, but it is now stated on the website.

There is also reference to testing at the port in Spain, and testing requirements are now different in Greece (PCR 3 days before or lateral flow within 24 hours)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, hallux said:

Different info from that discussed in this thread?

Yes, that was mainly about the vaccine/booster requirement. The main changes now are a list of, seemingly fairly random, testing requirements in Europe.

Hi thank goodness for this thread. Hopefully put my mind at rest. We are planning last minute booking for epic 24th April leaving Barcelona. We are flying from Scotland.

From the recent update 5th April on ncl website I take it that we don't need Pcr or Antigen test within 72hrs before boarding. We are fully vaccinated with boosters so my understanding is ncl will test at port at their costs we only need to complete passanger locator form. Is this correct.

Edited by jls pebbles

13 minutes ago, jls pebbles said:

Hi thank goodness for this thread. Hopefully put my mind at rest. We are planning last minute booking for epic 24th April leaving Barcelona. We are flying from Scotland.

From the recent update 5th April on ncl website I take it that we don't need Pcr or Antigen test within 72hrs before boarding. We are fully vaccinated with boosters so my understanding is ncl will test at port at their costs we only need to complete passanger locator form. Is this correct.

The website only stipulates one test, which NCL will administer at the pier.  We are on the Epic on 1st May so will wait to see what is happening on the cruises before that date.  I think the website is more reliable than anything over the phone.

IMG_6456.jpg

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, TheGinBoy said:

I spoke to NCL on the phone about our 17th April Epic sailing from Barcelona, and they said we needed to do both. The test at home and the test in port.

Weird.  That doesn't seem to match what it says on the website.  It says proof of negative PCR or antigen test  within 24 hrs of embarkation, and that it will be paid for and administered by NCL.

• Like 1

It also says at the top of that page:

Universal testing & Pre-Embarkation Protocols

At time of check-in, all guests will be required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 antigen or NAAT test (i.e. PCR) result administered by a verified third party or via medically supervised home test within two days prior to embarkation date for cruises originating in a U.S. or Canadian port and within three days prior for voyages departing from a non-U.S. port.

I'm just saying what I've been told. For the cost of £30 odd quid for a test I'll just go with what I'm told and not risk not getting onboard 🤷‍♂️

Yes, but the advice I posted is the specific guidance for Spain.  Luckily we are not sailing until 1 May so can wait to see what actually happens on the cruises before that date. If I were you and my sail date was 17 April, I would be planning on two tests too.

All the best for your wedding!

First off, I would like to see the testing requirement just go away.  However, since that isn't happening, I would love for NCL to arrange for testing at the hotel prior to transfer to the port for those of us arriving early.  It would help cut down on the line at the port.  

I know that this is very self-serving, but it would just be nice.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, jkbec101 said:

I would love for NCL to arrange for testing at the hotel prior to transfer to the port for those of us arriving early.

For cruises in Europe are you required to use an NCL-provided hotel?  If not - then arranging that would be a nightmare as there could be people staying in hotels all over the city.  I know for US cruises there's no requirement to book your pre-cruise hotel through NCL, or the cruise line in general.

I'm also on Epic out of Barcelona on 4/17 and am going with needing to test both in advance AND at the pier. 

Though they've updated the EU specific requirements, they haven't changed the main Sail Safe page that talks about advance testing so i'm working under the assumption that the EU requirements are IN ADDITION to the Sail Safe pre-testing. 

Not taking any chances! Waited too long to get messed up on a technicality. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hallux said:

For cruises in Europe are you required to use an NCL-provided hotel?  If not - then arranging that would be a nightmare as there could be people staying in hotels all over the city.  I know for US cruises there's no requirement to book your pre-cruise hotel through NCL, or the cruise line in general.

No, no requirement that I'm aware of. Call it wishful thinking and an added perk for those who did book the hotel through NCL.

4 hours ago, TheGinBoy said:

I'll certainly update everyone on the 17th. 

Yes!  Please do.  This is all so confusing! I'm boarding in Copenhagen in May and even though Denmark no longer requires I guess NCL still is.