Bermuda beach shuttles?

catspaw1

Hi a few years ago there was beach shuttles to Horseshoe beach. Not sure if this was with the cruise line. Does anyone know if they are back? I know there's a public bus.

My cruise is in June so the June ferry schedule has not been released yet.

46 minutes ago, catspaw1 said:

Hi a few years ago there was beach shuttles to Horseshoe beach. Not sure if this was with the cruise line. Does anyone know if they are back? I know there's a public bus.

My cruise is in June so the June ferry schedule has not been released yet.

let us know what you find out please

Here is the Route 7 bus schedule with links to Covid updates and travel info.

https://www.gov.bm/route-7-schedule-hamilton-dockyard-2018

Have not been there since the restart to confirm if there are any changes to this schedule.

I know they used to add a dedicated express bus between the Dockyard and Horseshoe Bay when the cruise ships were in port, but do not know if that is currently in use. 

Edited by leaveitallbehind

We took the bus also but it fills up fast & there is a wait until the next bus comes- think it was 30 minutes. I would advise going to the beach early to avoid the bus wait. There was a shuttle bus from the pier to the bus- we walked & got to the bus stop first. It was standing room only on the bus.

Exact change or transportation token needed for the bus.

We also bought a collapsible cooler from home & stocked it with drinks from the ship. We get ice from the steward & tip him extra to do it every day.

We highly recommend bringing Helinox chairs- only 2 lbs each & easy to carry. I usually hike with it so you know it's easy to fit in a day pack.

Here's the link.

https://helinox.com/collections/lightweight-chairs

Don't buy the Amazon knockoffs- they are not strong. My husband built a PVC bar for them so they don't sink in the sand. We love them.

On 4/7/2022 at 8:15 AM, leaveitallbehind said:

I know they used to add a dedicated express bus between the Dockyard and Horseshoe Bay when the cruise ships were in port, but do not know if that is currently in use. 

The express public bus to Horseshoe was discontinued. It has been gone a number of years now.

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

The express public bus to Horseshoe was discontinued. It has been gone a number of years now.

That's what I figured.  I know it wasn't being used the last time we were there pre-pandemic and kind of doubted it would be back now.  

Edited by leaveitallbehind