04/15 Pearl Boston to Bermuda itinerary changed

styles27

24 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

No...I've been to Bar Harbor on the Gem and no cruise ships can dock there...even the very small American Cruise Lines ships.

Probably just another example of wrong information on NCL’s part because it should say tendered not docked.
Been on enough cruises to know that’s how it works.
Having said that this is our first time on NCL and so far I’m not really impressed with their pre cruise experience. Hoping their onboard experience will be better. 

On 4/10/2022 at 4:29 PM, styles27 said:

We’ll be fine. It’s about 40-50 deg at the moment in Bar Harbor we won’t freeze. Bring a jacket like you’ll need in Boston anyway. Bar Harbor is a beautiful port I’m very happy that they’ve added this instead of two full days at sea back to back. 

Then you probably should have booked a later cruise that actually disclosed a stop in Bar Harbor.

On 4/10/2022 at 4:29 PM, Longstockingpippi1 said:

My question is probably unanswerable (is that a word?🤣🤣) . Why? Why are we going to Bar Harbor? What happened that made the change? NCL? CDC? It certainly isn’t a good swap☹️

It is likely because NCL knew very well that very few people would willingly pay for a cruise stopping in Maine in April.  Bait and Switch is your answer.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Dave of Maine said:

Then you probably should have booked a later cruise that actually disclosed a stop in Bar Harbor.

Couldn’t book a later cruise as we are taking our grandson with us and this will be his school vacation week. 

I was ok with the original itinerary but now I’m more ok with the new itinerary including Bar Harbor. 

19 minutes ago, styles27 said:

Couldn’t book a later cruise as we are taking our grandson with us and this will be his school vacation week. 

I was ok with the original itinerary but now I’m more ok with the new itinerary including Bar Harbor. 

I'm sitting on the ship in bar harbor right now. The weather is terrible. I think a lot of people opted to stay on board. Only good thing is cell signal versus WiFi. Oh, if you are sitting in the thermal suite of the spa, you won't hear the announcements to go pass through immigration.

• Like 3

Just now, 1025cruise said:

I'm sitting on the ship in bar harbor right now. The weather is terrible. I think a lot of people opted to stay on board. Only good thing is cell signal versus WiFi. Oh, if you are sitting in the thermal suite of the spa, you won't hear the announcements to go pass through immigration.

ugh they’re making everyone go through immigration?  I figured they would clear the ship. 
I guess the only good part about that is you won’t have to do it in Boston. 
Did you have a good cruise? Any entertainment in the evenings?

12 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

I thoroughly enjoyed my cruise. No production shows. But I enjoyed listening to the live music, especially from maltings sipping on a honey lemonade or 2.

That’s great. I’m happy to hear you’re enjoying yourself! Any day on a cruise ship beats being at home/working that’s for sure!

8 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

Glad you had a great cruise. We are about to board the Pearl tomorrow. Do you know the capacity level on your cruise. We did one in January and it was less than 50%. It was great. Thanks

I was on a cruise from NYC to Halifax and Saint John that called at Bar Harbor on the way back. Yes, everyone will have to clear U.S. immigration, but officials came aboard the ship and for those of us holding U.S. passports it was just a quick glance at the passport. You'll deal with customs, if you have anything to declare, when you disembark. Passengers with other passports were processed separately; visas or visa waivers (ESTA) would have had to be checked, and I don't know how long it took, but there would have been far fewer.

My cruise was at the end of October and it was cold, but not freezing, and wet in Bar Harbor but I had a good time anyway.

On 4/7/2022 at 7:59 PM, BlushPell said:

Thanks @styles27I hope your cruise is great as well. 

I had to actually call for the Bermuda authorization. I submitted it in the morning and hadn't heard anything by 4:30pm and their website was down so I was a little nervous about it getting messed up.

I was on hold for about 30 minutes but the woman I spoke with approved it while I was on the phone. It was kind of nerve wracking to say the least. The time frame for the authorization and the testing is rather tight. Hopefully since mine was one of the first few sailings the kinks will get ironed out for when it's time for you to submit yours. 

I wouldn't mind seeing Bar Harbor even though it will be quite chilly but like you mentioned I wasn't really going to do anything Tuesday evening anyway in Bermuda so why not get in another port. Bar Harbor is beautiful and I am sure it won't be crowded lol. 

Strange that they emailed you but then offered no excursions. Maybe it's too early in the season for them to be running? Also not sure why they wouldn't update the itineraries for their website either.  

They have only sent back one of our authorizations - and we sail tomorrow!!   There are two of us and I submitted our negative test results very early this morning so now I am worried.   What number did you use to call?

8 hours ago, Flamingo26 said:

They have only sent back one of our authorizations - and we sail tomorrow!!   There are two of us and I submitted our negative test results very early this morning so now I am worried.   What number did you use to call?

The toll free number is 1-833-570-2594.  I believe they are open 7am to 7pm.  You may have a wait.  Good luck!

• Like 2

Just now, goldmom said:

The toll free number is 1-833-570-2594.  I believe they are open 7am to 7pm.  You may have a wait.  Good luck!

Thank you!  I am number two in the queue now after an hour on hold!!  haha. Do they just have way too many to process?? 

• Like 1