Questions about a Cruise Next Certificate

tallyho8

On my last Norwegian cruise, I bought a Cruise Next certificate which is good for $250 on the payment of a Norwegian cruise up to December 31, 2022.

I paid $150 for this certificate. Looking at my signature, you can see that I have sailed 9 cruises in the last 9 months and I still have 2 more booked for this year. Also I have 3 land vacations booked for this year. My wife is burned out on traveling any more this year and does not want me to book another cruise.

Does anyone know what I can do with this certificate. I don't know anyone that wants to cruise to give it to or sell it to. I'm not trying to make money on it but hate to just throw it away after it cost me $150. I can be reached at tallyho at cox.net

27 minutes ago, tallyho8 said:

On my last Norwegian cruise, I bought a Cruise Next certificate which is good for $250 on the payment of a Norwegian cruise up to December 31, 2022.

I paid $150 for this certificate. Looking at my signature, you can see that I have sailed 9 cruises in the last 9 months and I still have 2 more booked for this year. Also I have 3 land vacations booked for this year. My wife is burned out on traveling any more this year and does not want me to book another cruise.

Does anyone know what I can do with this certificate. I don't know anyone that wants to cruise to give it to or sell it to. I'm not trying to make money on it but hate to just throw it away after it cost me $150. I can be reached at tallyho at cox.net

You can try to sell it on eBay or Facebook.  But CruiseCritic does not permit posts looking to sell these.  Your posting may be removed.

58 minutes ago, tallyho8 said:

If you have not yet paid in full for one of you upcoming cruises, you may be able to apply it there. 

Yes they can be sold.  But i beleive theoriginal cost is $125, at least that the most i ever paid.

You will find it hard to sell unless you get lucky finding someone thats looking.  If you Ebayed it for $100 it will probably go fast.  The other part that is working against you is that it expires by the end of the year.  So that further makes it hard for someone to make use of it.  Again maybe selling it cheaper it will go.

Go in to your account and check the expiration date.  All of our CruiseNext Certificates have been extended without requesting.  My earliest expiration date is now 10/04/2024 for a CN that was set to expire in 2022.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, kjquilts said:

Go in to your account and check the expiration date.  All of our CruiseNext Certificates have been extended without requesting.  My earliest expiration date is now 10/04/2024 for a CN that was set to expire in 2022.

Same here, all of ours at some point in the last month or two got bumped out to 2024. Which is good because we were having trouble using them all. Bought them pre-pandemic when they had a buy 4 get 4 special on the cruise we were on. 

8 hours ago, kjquilts said:

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You. I went into my account and now see that it won't expire until 2024 so I am keeping it to use in the future.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2022 at 10:52 AM, kjquilts said:

Thanks for the heads-up...

Because our last cruise w/ NCL was 10/20/19 - ours were good until 11/2023...
I didn't think they would extend ours...

However, I just looked & they extended ours until 11/2025...
May use ours prior to the original date - but nice to know we have an extension on them 🙂

We haven't sailed, on NCL, since the pandemic - but have been looking at NCL cruises recently...