Exemptions and cruising

umbertoo

I am not vaccinated but love to cruise. My last cruise was Feb. 2020. I recently booked a cruise out of the UK with a cruise line that is giving a percentage of there guest exemptions. When I contacted the cruise line and asked about the exemption I was transferred to customer services. After being reviewed, we (4) were allowed to book 2 cabins on a 12 day cruise. We were sent an exemption letter each and several instructions that we have to follow. The instructions were not a problem. My question is, has anyone recently taken a cruise, anywhere, on an exemption? I was told this practice as been in play since this Feb. and there has been no issues. We have had covid last June and have traveled within the USA and have had no problems including Hawaii. Any feed back on this would be much appreciated. All feed back pro and con will help to make a final decision. As the elections are getting closer, it seems things are changing again?? Thank you for your time and input. Email if anyone would like to send privately is:  luciano134@aol.com 

8 hours ago, umbertoo said:

I recently booked a cruise out of the UK with a cruise line that is giving a percentage of there guest exemptions

Can you please name the cruise line so I know who to avoid?

• Like 3

Since the cruise line allows some percentage of unvaccinated passengers and you have no problem with the onboard requirements, then probably your only concern would be the requirements of the ports you will be visiting. Suggest you research the ports and make your decision based on whether or not you will enjoy the cruise given what you determine about the port requirements.

4 hours ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

Since the cruise line allows some percentage of unvaccinated passengers and you have no problem with the onboard requirements, then probably your only concern would be the requirements of the ports you will be visiting. Suggest you research the ports and make your decision based on whether or not you will enjoy the cruise given what you determine about the port requirements.

Thank you so much for your input, the ports are Ireland and the UK, which currently have dropped all COVID restrictions, for now at least.

7 hours ago, umbertoo said:

Thank you so much for your input, the ports are Ireland and the UK, which currently have dropped all COVID restrictions, for now at least.

And aren’t those countries now forced to reconsider their aggressive dropping of of such restrictions?

• Like 1