Will corner aft Neptune Suite and inside stateroom across the hall have same attendant?

willoL

This will be the first voyage on which I've booked my kids across the hall instead of having them bunking in with me or in an adjacent cabin to DH & I with a door directly between. Given that my eldest has now reached the age of majority and is headed to university in the fall, I must relinquish my idea that my firstborn is still a baby!

(DC1 still feels to me like barely more than a baby, as most mothers will understand.) 😉

I hope to make a special request of the cabin steward for the kids' room, to help with a surprise, but was curious if the attendants are typically working in a section or in a specific category of rooms? I.e., if we have the corner aft Neptune Suite with the kids in an inside cabin across the hall, will it be likely to be the same person dealing with both rooms, or would one person work the interior rooms while another deals with veranda and suite category rooms?

We sail on the Nieuw Statendam in August if, for some reason, that matters to the answer...

Thank you!

--willo

• Haha 1

The stewards aren't assigned cabins by category, but rather by area. However, their area does end at some point, and another steward takes over. 
It is likely that your cabin and the one directly across the passageway will have the same steward(s), but it is possible that your cabins are at the beginning/end of an area of responsibility and will have different teams of stewards. 

I don't see where that would be a problem for what you have in mind, however. Just ask your steward if he has responsibility for your son's cabin. If so, fine. If not, then ask him to introduce you to your son's steward, or you may spot him first, and speak directly to him. 
Whether two teams or one, they will all be happy to oblige. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would give you a 95% chance of it being the same steward. As Ruth said they all have an area of consecutive cabins but depending on a number of factors it cuts off somewhere. I have been in the aft Neptune on several cruises and on all of them the attendant either had the entire aft section of the ship, or it was split down the middle of the ship and going farther forward with one having port & the other starboard. If you don't have the same person I don't think there would be an issue coordinating something. The HAL crew are always eager to please. And the Neptune Concierge can certainly help you to coordinate anything special as well - this is the type of thing they excel at. I have never had a reasonable request turned down, and they have frequently gone way beyond my wildest expectations. They also know the crew & the managers and are great at cutting red tape and making things that would have been a no magically become a yes. 

• Like 1