Afternoon tea

pacmom

3 hours ago, mauibabes said:

Not on Embarkation Day but each day thereafter.  Wait to meet friends in Horizons at 5:00 for Happy Hour drinks and sail away. 🛳👍🤪🥂🍷

Mauibabes

Perhaps I misread, but I thought O , in the past month or so, had returned to doing muster drills on Embarkment Day. Those were at 5:00 or 5:30 until 6ish. 

So only if on tv, can you do the drill in the bars now?  Safe to show up for drinks but not a safety drill! I can drink to that! 😂🙄🍷

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Perhaps I misread, but I thought O , in the past month or so, had returned to doing muster drills on Embarkment Day. Those were at 5:00 or 5:30 until 6ish. 

So only if on tv, can you do the drill in the bars now?  Safe to show up for drinks but not a safety drill! I can drink to that! 😂🙄🍷

No muster drill on the TA on Sirena, just a video during online check in, a reminder to watch and a longer safety drill vid on the TV in the cabin. We hit our muster drill to check on the way from the actual check in which was in the Sirena lounge. 

Everyone’s MMV of course… 

• Like 3

When we embarked in March on Marina, we had to check in at our Muster Station so they knew we knew where it was. Additionally, no in person Muster Drill, just watched it in our room prior to sailing and it was extensive enough to educate everyone. We had it playing as we were unloading our suitcases and putting things away. Works for me!

As I said, Horizon’s and Happy Hour and Sail Away, We are ready to sail!
👍🤪🙏🍷🤙🥂🛳🍹🍽🍨🍸✈️
Mauibabes 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrsheat391 said:

I hope the muster drills are the same in May. Not really fond of standing hip to hip with folks just yet. 

Depends on the ship

Pre covid

on the O class  

you are seated at the muster station

R ships you are seated then went to the life boats

Muster drills are mandatory by international maritime law and certain country regulations. The Covid pandemic gave a pause to large public gatherings. It will be interesting to see how long online instructions supplants actual physical drills. Time will tell.

• Like 3

On 4/13/2022 at 10:54 PM, pinotlover said:

Muster drills are mandatory by international maritime law and certain country regulations. The Covid pandemic gave a pause to large public gatherings. It will be interesting to see how long online instructions supplants actual physical drills. Time will tell.

My hope is "forever". Just came back from a Regent Carib cruise and the pre embarkation mandatory video as part of the on line check in plus check in at the muster station once onboard was great. No waste of time and no crowds.

• Like 2

regulation or not..... there is a solid reason for conducting  in person live drills   The military, Fire dept's  Emergency services  all know that  it is imperative to physically  and continuous drill on plans and procedures, no matter how well known because people are people.    Those who have been in those sort of professions   understand that.   

They also understand that were a real emergency happen, 90% of the folks impacted are going to panic and loose it..... no matter how smart or old.     We used to say in the service, " we suffer today in training, so we do not bleed in war"     Constant  physical reiteration is needed .... there is no substitute experience has shown.     It part of life learning  reality      

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1