Platinum reward benefit

andychris

20 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

I'm glad to hear they have done that for you.   Do you remember what ships that has been on?   For the last few years we have been cruising on the larger ships.  With so many on board, we just haven't felt like Platinum Plus (now Diamond) has given us any special notice.

Just wondering if you are getting this letter with concierge number on the Jewel class smaller ships?    

my last NCL cruise was on the Encore in March 2020, before the shutdown. 

14 hours ago, cruiserbear55 said:

If you're not in a suite, where would you go to find a concierge to tip him/her? Also, what could he/she do for you that you couldn't do yourself? Just wondering.

As others have said, seems you can get in touch with them through the Cruise Next desk.  

I would assume they could help with last minute dining reservations

3 hours ago, CruisingSince1982 said:

my last NCL cruise was on the Encore in March 2020, before the shutdown. 

We were on Encore in late January of 2020 and didn't receive a letter with concierge information.  

I think they have you listed as VIPs😊   

23 hours ago, cruiserbear55 said:

If you're not in a suite, where would you go to find a concierge to tip him/her? Also, what could he/she do for you that you couldn't do yourself? Just wondering.

You would only get a phone number. On small ships, if you could hunt the concierge down in the suite breakfast/lunch room where they hang out. And on the Joy, there is a concierge desk at Guest Services for the non-Haven suites.

The biggest thing that a concierge can do is get you dinner reservations when the touch screens say a restaurant is sold out. The concierge has the ability to oversell a restaurant (up to a limit). That's why suites guests can make reservations when commoners can not. 

7 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

We were on Encore in late January of 2020 and didn't receive a letter with concierge information.  

I think they have you listed as VIPs😊   

We were on the Encore last week and didn't get a letter or squat from Cruise Next (except a pin). 

• Like 2

On 4/14/2022 at 6:35 PM, ChiefMateJRK said:

Hopefully you do realize that this thread is about a question specific to those with Platinum status, right?

True the subject is about concierge services, its an off topic comment, just funny how everyone has to let everyone else know "Were Platinum"  in any topic.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tgloersen said:

True the subject is about concierge services, its an off topic comment, just funny how everyone has to let everyone else know "Were Platinum"  in any topic.

Those of us in Sapphire find it very amusing.  🧐😃😃

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

As for the meals at the specialty restaurant, you have to book them on the ship or I can book them 125 days out ?

I am pretty sure the restaurant included in the Free at Sea is only offered on the ship, no pre-booking ...

19 minutes ago, sebas030 said:

As for the meals at the specialty restaurant, you have to book them on the ship or I can book them 125 days out ?

I am pretty sure the restaurant included in the Free at Sea is only offered on the ship, no pre-booking ...

you can book them all at your 125 days out

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, sebas030 said:

This is totally incorrect.

You can book all restaurant reservations at 120 days prior to departure to include Free at Sea, Platinum vouchers, other vouchers, dinners paid by cash (charged to your onboard account). Bookings open 130 days for Suites and 125 for Club Balconies and top-tier latitudes members. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, agrimm01 said:

According to NCL chat.  Prior to the cruise call 855-625-4283 for concierge help.  When on the ship contact the Concierge Desk when you need it.  You don't have one assigned to you.

The pre-concierge is pretty useless. They can not do anything you can't do for yourself. Only onboard concierge can oversell restaurants and shows. 

• Like 1

On 4/19/2022 at 9:40 PM, cruiserbear55 said:

Was on Pearl last week and didn't even get the pin!!

Did you ask for one at the Cruise Next Desk?  Or just didn't bother getting one? They don't get left in the room as a rule, you have to ask.  

• Like 1

Not Platinum but just became Gold after our Epic cruise last week, only saying it as it pertains and not a brag 🤣.  When we arrived in the cabin there was a Lat Rewards welcome card that had our Silver status and it said welcome back etc and how to check for the cocktail party and what discounts were available.  There was a carton of water with it and the card said to enjoy a complimentary of carton of water as we settled in.  I was surprised to see a free carton of water for us as I didn't think that was a perk until you hit Gold.   A little thing but I'll take it.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jimsig said:

Did you ask for one at the Cruise Next Desk?  Or just didn't bother getting one? They don't get left in the room as a rule, you have to ask.  

I didn't get one at the Cruise Next Desk. I think I just didn't bother to get one. But I'm really not sure .I'll have to hop in my time machine,  go back a year  when this thread started, (4/13/22), and attempt to refresh my memory.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cruiserbear55 said:

I didn't get one at the Cruise Next Desk. I think I just didn't bother to get one. But I'm really not sure .I'll have to hop in my time machine,  go back a year  when this thread started, (4/13/22), and attempt to refresh my memory.

It's always funny when a thread is resurrected almost one year to the date of the last post.  Saw the 4-19 date and didn't notice the year.

Were you on the Pearl 4-15 sailing last year or the 4-8 sailing that only got notified of the change to Bar harbor the night before sailing?  I was on the 4-15.

11 minutes ago, jimsig said:

It's always funny when a thread is resurrected  almost one year to the date of the last post.  Saw the 4-19 date and didn't notice the year.

Were you on the Pearl 4-15 sailing last year or the 4-8 sailing that only got notified of the change to Bar harbor the night before sailing?  I was on the 4-15.

We were on the 4/8-4/15 sailing. Had no idea we were going to Maine until Sunday night, I think, when they started putting out excursion paperwork for Bar Harbor. Total surprise!! Didn't even get off the ship as we had been there a couple years before on a Canada/New England cruise and it was a cold/raw day. Also had visited there many times over the years by car.

That was the cruise the barf bags came out just after leaving Beantown on Friday,and pretty much stayed out till we hit Bermuda on Sunday.,  The winds didn't abate till Tuesday, and all ferries and excursions were cancelled Sunday and Monday.

We also had very little entertainment. A few guitar players/singers in the Atrium and Maltings; a 60s show (Aquarius). put on by the crew; an aerialist as i recall, and a few forgettable singer/impersonators in the theater. Legends in Concert didn't return until your cruise, IIRC.

• Like 1

On the Prima, the CruiseNext desk offered "concierge" services for platinum and above guests who were not staying in a suite. They offered to help with dining and show reservations for those who needed assistance. Not sure what else, if anything, they would have helped with.