Private Guides in Copenhagen?

Does anyone have experience with private guides in and around Copenhagen? I know there won't be much recent experience because of the lost Covid years, but thinking about general experiences rather than specific guides (although recommendations are certainly invited.)

We have three nights pre-cruise in July.  We are not very mobile, so walking tours are out.  What would be nice would be a tour guide with a car or van, sprinkled through our 2 full days and 2 half days in the city. 

I know this would be expensive, but the alternative I'm looking at is letting our cruise line (Regent Seven Seas) handle it.  They can offer us a pre-cruise trip, with hotels included with breakfast, transfers from the airport and to the cruise port, and tours in between.  Not private, but I would imagine the tour groups might be perhaps 20 people?  Most of the details of what they offer sound fun, although there is some walking as well (which my husband could just forego.)

But I got to thinking that by hiring private guides and drivers, we might be able to do and see more exactly what we want.  For instance:

- transfer from the airport with perhaps a 3-hour "highlights" tour the first day, while we wait for our room to be ready.

- 4- or 5-hour tours for each of our 2 full days (or whatever we can afford, we'll want time for the boat cruise)

- transport to a laboratory testing site for our covid tests perhaps on day 2

- transfer to the cruise port on the 3rd embarkation day

You get the idea.  Relaxed, at our pace, no rushing around, giving us plenty of time to sit and have a beer, enjoy the view from around our hotel, go on a canal tour, etc.

The cruise line wants $2100pp for their program, including hotel. Our hotel (71 Nynhavn), booked by us, is about US$1K, but that's of course for both of us.  So the difference on the table is roughly $3,000.  I suspect we could get some pretty nice private guides for this, what do you think?

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer

As a local, I do not really have experience with guided tours, but here is a little inspiration:

https://showmecopenhagen.dk
https://taxa.dk/en/book/sightseeingtaxa/

I think these are some interesting alternatives - they are normally available all day on 'Amagertorv' without reservation:

https://www.rickshaw-copenhagen.com

https://www.copenhagenrickshaw.com/booking.html

Hope others might have some inputs as well.

• Like 2

I haven't been there - yet! By I would check with Tours by Locals. They usually have some good tours. I also know that on Rick Steves website he usually has a section with local guides.

Good luck! Sounds like you'll be there about the same time that we're there. 🙂

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Radbooks said:

I haven't been there - yet! By I would check with Tours by Locals. They usually have some good tours. I also know that on Rick Steves website he usually has a section with local guides.

Good luck! Sounds like you'll be there about the same time that we're there. 🙂

Thanks. Yes, I've already been studying Tours by Locals. We arrive July 5th for a cruise starting on the 8th. Covid testing looks increasingly problematic as sites close. Hoping at least the airport site will be open in July still.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Thanks. Yes, I've already been studying Tours by Locals. We arrive July 5th for a cruise starting on the 8th. Covid testing looks increasingly problematic as sites close. Hoping at least the airport site will be open in July still.

We're doing some traveling around Europe before our cruise on July 16th. I will probably purchase some proctored tests from eMed for our tests if they are still requiring them. I used them on a cruise in December and they worked great. You just need a smartphone or tablet and the internet for those. Very easy to use, but bring an extra - one of ours was defective. 😞