Complimentary Speciality Dining Dinner on embarkation evening

kokopelli-az

We are in a window suite on the Caribbean Princess in June and accoriding to the Princess website, one of the perks for suites is complimentary speciality dining dinner on embarkation evening.   How does this work?   Is this in any of the speciality restaurants?   And what about reservations (can they be made ahead of time)?

We were in a suite on Regal and were not successful using the app to make reservations in advance.

When we boarded the ship, we went to visit the concierge (you can also call them). We asked for our complimentary embarkation reservation. We could have booked either the Crown Grill or Sabatini's. We chose Sabatini's as the available times were more to our liking. The concierge calls the dining reservation line and that was it! 

I have read others making reservations ahead of time, but we would have had to pay with a credit card and I am not sure how they reimburse your account. I am sure others would have more on that area.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Loucat said:

We were in a suite on Regal and were not successful using the app to make reservations in advance.

When we boarded the ship, we went to visit the concierge (you can also call them). We asked for our complimentary embarkation reservation. We could have booked either the Crown Grill or Sabatini's. We chose Sabatini's as the available times were more to our liking. The concierge calls the dining reservation line and that was it! 

I have read others making reservations ahead of time, but we would have had to pay with a credit card and I am not sure how they reimburse your account. I am sure others would have more on that area.

Good info, but no concierge on Caribbean P.

When there's no concierge available...you may find a card in your cabin w/date, time, restaurant. If it suits you, you're good to go. Otherwise, call the dine line or visit the restaurant and arrange the time/date that you want.

4 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Good info, but no concierge on Caribbean P.

When there's no concierge available...you may find a card in your cabin w/date, time, restaurant. If it suits you, you're good to go. Otherwise, call the dine line or visit the restaurant and arrange the time/date that you want.

JF-Why

no

concierge

on

CaribbeanP?

We have never found a card in our suite

I have just called the dine line when on board

Last cruise I was able to make the res in the app

It did not charge me anything

I called the dine line to reconfirm when we got on board

You can pick whichever restaurant you prefer

Edited by riffatsea

If you are in a full suite no need to reserve. You are guaranteed specialty dining first night. We just go to the ensue on embarkation afternoon and get a time. They leave some tables empty for this purpose

I was on Caribbean  Princess in March and was able to book on the app for Sabatini’s the first night and it recognized that I have a suite perk and it did not charge me. But I think I was lucky, as I have read often that it doesn’t work for them.  

We are only doing a 4 night cruise, but I was able to book a Specialty (Crown Grill) for embarkation night on the Medallion app.  Once everything was selected, it showed the discount with a total of $0.  

FYI - For Discovery, sailing in under two weeks.

OK, just made Crown Grill reservations on the app for June 11 sailing on the Caribbean Princess.   I selected the restaurant and it had my payment method but under Order Summary it said: 

Cover Charge (Adult x2) $58

Dining Credit -$58.00

Total $0.00.

• Like 1