Summit Blu Restaurant Question

jewel 14

27 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Yes.  You have the option for staples like steak and usually the MDR menu as well.

The menu is different every night. Once your sailing comes close you can view them on the smart phone ap.  In addition to the 4/5 different things offered on any given night, there are also a few items which are always available (escargot, french onion soup, salad, strip steak, baked chicken, baked salmon, apple pie, creme brule, ice cream)

• 4 weeks later...

We sailed on the May 4 Bermuda cruise in Aqua.  Blu was excellent most nights, but the MDR menu was always available.  We are foodies...not particularly meat and potatoes seniors.  But one night nothing on Blu looked good so we had everything off the Main Dining menu.  Nice prime rib, escargot, French onion soup.   Yum.  On another night, I had two of the filets from the children's menu.  Very good.  

On this sailing, I am assuming staffing in the kitchen was weak.  We had to wait with a beeper for a table for 2 for 8 of the 9 nights, 5:30 up til 7pm.  Service in Blu was attentive and there seemed to be plenty of waiters, so I think the problem was in the kitchen.  Once the first course was arrived, the wait for subsequent plates was satisfactory to occasionally a bit slow.

Another note.  The wine steward had wines readily available.  I often had Prosecco which goes well with many things for me.  But when ordering a cocktail, the steward had to go out to Cellar Masters and that sometimes took extra time.  So, I brought a martini into Blu and just had my Prosecco there.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, barric said:

We sailed on the May 4 Bermuda cruise in Aqua.  Blu was excellent most nights, but the MDR menu was always available.  We are foodies...not particularly meat and potatoes seniors.  But one night nothing on Blu looked good so we had everything off the Main Dining menu.  Nice prime rib, escargot, French onion soup.   Yum.  On another night, I had two of the filets from the children's menu.  Very good.  

On this sailing, I am assuming staffing in the kitchen was weak.  We had to wait with a beeper for a table for 2 for 8 of the 9 nights, 5:30 up til 7pm.  Service in Blu was attentive and there seemed to be plenty of waiters, so I think the problem was in the kitchen.  Once the first course was arrived, the wait for subsequent plates was satisfactory to occasionally a bit slow.

Another note.  The wine steward had wines readily available.  I often had Prosecco which goes well with many things for me.  But when ordering a cocktail, the steward had to go out to Cellar Masters and that sometimes took extra time.  So, I brought a martini into Blu and just had my Prosecco there.

Note that the MDR menu is not always available to Blu. Only on some ships where the galley is shared.

Yes.   They have a rotation of 14 menus and usually start with Menu one on each cruise.  The occasionally swap one or more around to fit the Chic Nights.   On M-Class you will also be able to order from MDR menu by requesting the menu or using the app.

9 hours ago, Guppy99 said:

Note that the MDR menu is not always available to Blu. Only on some ships where the galley is shared.

The OP was asking about Summit (M class ship).    M class ships have the MDR menu available even though they don't really tell you about it on ship. 

On the Summit last Nov.,  we were able to order from the MDR and had the wait staff replace the (IMO) horrible spreads for the bread with the creamier ones from the MDR as well.