How do you find the temperature onboard?

LindaJ+

I often think about the dining room temperature being comfortable for the very busy dining staff moving about constantly and going the great distances from the galley to across the large dining room, as much as for myself just sitting there exercising only my fork. Brrrr.  

So bringing a wrap or shawl of some sort, or just dressing for cooler room temperatures is a good suggestion.   I also find the showroom to be cool as well - again  are temperatures keep lower due to entertainment and rehearsal crew comfort as well, as for the audience?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I am generally cold wherever there is air conditioning. We live in the hot South, but our thermostat is set at 79 in the hottest part of the summer. I had forgotten how cold the ships were when I boarded the NA last month. The dining room was a freezer and I wasn’t the only one complaining about it. I headed for the shops as soon as dinner was over and bought a nice HAL hoodie. Two days later, they were almost sold out of them!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for asking this @LindaJ+. I was about to post precisely the same question!

I may not be sailing until August, but I started laying out potential cruise capsule wardrobe pieces from my closet this morning. I'm dreaming of my vacation, 100+ days away though it may be. 🤣

Also, it's possible my wardrobe "shrunk" during the pandemic. Darn that COVID 15...

• Haha 2

My early go-to travel essential that has now more than paid for itself - a long, flat 100% cashmere shawl. So light weight, packable, fits in a purse, with multiple uses - cold rooms and a pillow on the airplane.

• Like 2

Due to a health issue, I have been way too thin for many years.  I'm always cold. I have to wear my hair longer than I like, just to help keep my head warm. (Vanity prevents me from wearing a 'cap' onboard.) When on a cruise I have to wear a camisole under a long sleeve cotton tee  and a long-sleeve shirt on top of all of that, all the time, and usually a sweater in the theater. I'm used to it, but the ship's temp is unusually cold and I wonder if there is a technical reason for that. 

1 hour ago, BobbiSox said:

Due to a health issue, I have been way too thin for many years.  I'm always cold. I have to wear my hair longer than I like, just to help keep my head warm. (Vanity prevents me from wearing a 'cap' onboard.) When on a cruise I have to wear a camisole under a long sleeve cotton tee  and a long-sleeve shirt on top of all of that, all the time, and usually a sweater in the theater. I'm used to it, but the ship's temp is unusually cold and I wonder if there is a technical reason for that. 

My technical knowledge is NIL in this respect. In on shore restaurants and bars it is often too warm/hot and if that's the case I always think it is because they like us to order more drinks.....that is not the situation be on HAL ships. Can it be that they do not wish us to drink all 15 drinks in our HIA packets? 😅

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Navybikermom said:

I am generally cold wherever there is air conditioning. We live in the hot South, but our thermostat is set at 79 in the hottest part of the summer. I had forgotten how cold the ships were when I boarded the NA last month. The dining room was a freezer and I wasn’t the only one complaining about it. I headed for the shops as soon as dinner was over and bought a nice HAL hoodie. Two days later, they were almost sold out of them!

We have only been to the Pinnacle Grill twice. Both times it was like eating in the walk in cooler. The first time we weren’t prepared, and DH bravely lent me his suit jacket because I was shivering. The hot dishes went cold, as in COLD, faster than we could eat. The second time we went was the same, but at least I’d brought a sweater. 
It made no sense to pay an upcharge to be uncomfortable while eating cold food, so we’ve never gone back.

We might try the Pinnacle for lunch in a hot climate. The cold air coming out the vents might be pleasant in the hot daytime. In the cool of the evening, not so much.

Edited by Horizon chaser 1957