Let’s Suppose,—-

A serious question I have  been having about international travel — not totally about Regent. OK, I get off the ship in a far off country, and one or both of us tests positive, and we have to quarantine in a hotel there for a specified number of days. Who pays the hotel for  the stay, meals, and such? Is it the cruise line, the travel insurance, or me? I have assumed the answer is “me”. Thus, we have no cruises booked — unusual fir us! If my assumption is wrong, please correct,me.

Edited by Dolebludger

6 hours ago, Dolebludger said:

Who pays the hotel for  the stay, meals, and such? Is it the cruise line, the travel insurance, or me?

You will pay the hotel and then claim reimbursement from your travel insurance.

If you were tested positive by Regent prior to disembarkation, have followed all the Regent protocols and your claim is denied by your travel insurance then you can submit a claim for expenses to Regent in accordance with the relevant FAQ on the Sail Safe website page.

I am not sure how you intend to travel to/from this far off country given your stated antipathy towards airlines and airports 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

We are in the UK, so my be different in other countries, but we double checked with our insurance about this scenario and some others and were told that we were fully covered for all expenses incurred if we tested positive at any stage including any quarantine that was required. 

• Like 1

My understanding is the better US travel insurance companies "travel delay" benefit tops out at $2k per person so $4k.  We are close to buying travel insurance, "trip delay" because of a positive Covid test is one of our biggest concerns.  Our trip is land based, $4k will help but I'm guessing the entire bill would be much higher.  Its also important to ask the insurer if their policies trip delay covers a positive Covid test.

Out of curiosity if the total trip delay bill were $8k and insurance covered 4 would Regent make up the other 4?

https://www.forbes.com/advisor/travel-insurance/best-travel-insurance/

• Like 1

Flossie, as I have been reminded before, this forum as about Regent and its policies — not about airlines and airports.  So my inquiry  was about Regent and NOT about airlines and airports. 

But as to my question solely about Regent, I remain confused. So I have to submit my claim to my TI company, and then submit any unpaid balance to Regent? What does Regent then do?

• Like 2