Should we get our hopes up?

mimbecky

The story only looks at flying , the more than one way to enter the USA 

I can drive , walk , take a bus , take a train and take a ferry to the USA without testing , only  need to test if you fly 🙄

Fully vaccinated foreign travelers are able to travel to the United States across the Northern and Southwest borders with Canada and Mexico.  Travelers who enter the United States at land POEs and ferry terminals do not require proof of a negative test; in addition, U.S. citizens and LPRs do not need to provide proof of vaccination status at land POEs and ferry terminals

• Like 1

My hope is that the people at the airlines have more insight than the general public. It seems rather ineffective to require testing to return from Canada when you can cross the border freely by any other means.

It is my understanding that cruise lines are responsible for arranging quarantine by Canadian regulation, but if you test off the ship you are on your own. There may be a lot of people catching the bus to the border and a lot of pressure from the travel industry to lift the test requirement - at least from Canada as the cruise season begins for Alaska and Pacific coastals.

Edited by Babr

3 hours ago, Airbalancer said:

The story only looks at flying , the more than one way to enter the USA 

I can drive , walk , take a bus , take a train and take a ferry to the USA without testing , only  need to test if you fly 🙄

Fully vaccinated foreign travelers are able to travel to the United States across the Northern and Southwest borders with Canada and Mexico.  Travelers who enter the United States at land POEs and ferry terminals do not require proof of a negative test; in addition, U.S. citizens and LPRs do not need to provide proof of vaccination status at land POEs and ferry terminals

I am presently at a resort in Mexico .  My son and his wife are flying back to US today and had the required Covid test yesterday both negative.  He asked how many have tested positive, 0 was the answer!  A positive test results in the resort putting you up again for 2 weeks, no charge.  I’m guessing no one will test positive 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, LGW59 said:

I am presently at a resort in Mexico .  My son and his wife are flying back to US today and had the required Covid test yesterday both negative.  He asked how many have tested positive, 0 was the answer!  A positive test results in the resort putting you up again for 2 weeks, no charge.  I’m guessing no one will test positive 🤷🏻‍♂️

I actually remember earlier on in the pandemic it was the opposite. Many of our friends were getting quarantined down there because the extended stay was on YOUR dime.

in any case I really hope this guy knows something- we fly/sail in less than a month!!

M