Private Tour in Rome?

Kjr5155

I've been to Rome previously, but my husband has not. Therefore, needing to "check off" as many of the must-see items in a relatively short amount of time and I think this is the one port we are willing to splurge on a private tour. 

For those who have, is it worth finding a tour who will pick you up from Civ or is it better to catch the train into Rome and then pick up with a guide there? 

Of course, if anyone has recommendations for an incredible guide, we are all ears!

You are aware guides are separate from drivers?

A good driver will give you more than enough info and get you to the important spots. That is exactly what Rome in Limo does, why there is a huge thread about them just down the board, and why we recommend them strongly.

I would have them pick you up at the pier.

• Like 1

With CruiserBruce.  Do you actually need just a driver to get you as close as they are allowed to whichever sights you want?  Or do need a guide to explain to you what you are seeing?  Very different things and different prices.  Me? I'd do the research on the sights and save the money.  

I'd do the pier pickup, too.  Then you wouldn't have to worry about getting on the train, trying to find where your driver is picking up in Rome...  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1