Best rooms in Britannia Club on QE

AspirationalFlyer

4 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Have they reclassified some cabins? I thought the Club cabins were all on Deck 8.

Not that I’m aware of. 

I think there are four A1 rooms on Deck 7: 7054, 7056, 7033 and 7077.

I’ve had a deck 8 A2 before and didn’t like it. Noisy from above in particular. 

4 minutes ago, AspirationalFlyer said:

Not that I’m aware of. 

The Deck 7 cabins were reclassified sometime after 2018, my paper brochure has them only on Deck 8 on Queen Elizabeth but on 7&8 on Queen Victoria.

13 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Have they reclassified some cabins? I thought the Club cabins were all on Deck 8.

5 minutes ago, AspirationalFlyer said:

Not that I’m aware of. 

Yes it seems so. A couple of years ago those deck 7 cabins were regular Britannia grade BA.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

There aren't many to choose from, those on Deck 7 are likely to be quieter.

I can't remember the number but we had one opposite the laundry on Deck 8, I wouldn't recommend it !

Thanks. I remember noise from early morning chair moving around the Lido pool, when we had one on Deck 8. Would definitely recommend Deck 7.

• Like 1

Just now, Host Hattie said:

The Deck 7 cabins were reclassified sometime after 2018, my paper brochure has them only on Deck 8 on Queen Elizabeth but on 7&8 on Queen Victoria.

Thank you for clarifying.

So my logic so far is deck 7 because:

1. Seems quieter. fingers crossed! 
2. Managed to get one of the larger balcony rooms, which is about 310sq ft I think. 
Happy for others to disagree? 
Also, any photos of the deck 7 A1 rooms. If not, I could maybe do a mini review. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, AspirationalFlyer said:

Thanks again all. 

My question was more around whether these are good rooms, more than if and when they were reclassified (although good to know!) 

All Cunard rooms a good ones. Club on deck 7 is preferable to deck 8.  The additional ‘bump’ space is great for small gatherings with new friends or a lounger (a request to room steward for authority).   Club waiter service is top notch with so many benefits.. Club room stewards are of Grill standard.

There may be no going back. 

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Going back

For what it’s worth, I had 8046 last week. It’s virtually opposite the launderette but I heard no noise from there or from Deck 9. (I think this room is under the Spa, rather than the Lido.)

2 hours ago, AspirationalFlyer said:

Thanks again all. 

My question was more around whether these are good rooms, more than if and when they were reclassified (although good to know!) 

As the cabin you are in has been ordinary Britannia grade for most of her sailing life you will get more opinions asking about the particular numbers. The original question about Club cabins is going to get answers mainly from people who have been on Deck 8.

Hello all, 

Thanks for your help. 

To clarify, my questions: 

1. What are the best rooms in Britannia Club on Queen Elizabeth? Any preference for deck 7 or deck 8? If so, why? 

2. More specifically, has anyone every stayed in 7056 or 7077 on QE either in their current incarnation as A1 BC rooms, or when they were regular Britannia rooms? 

3. If you have a preferred Britannia Club on QE (or QV) which is it and why? 

In asking these questions, I’m just looking for tips and opinions. I appreciate few (if any) rooms are perfect and the situation can change between cruises. I’ve stayed in Britannia Club on QE before so I’m familiar with the restaurant and some of the other amenities. 

I would prefer a quieter room, but I’m quite a heavy sleeper (especially when I’ve been up late in the Yacht Club the night before!). 

Looking forward to your thoughts. 

5 hours ago, exlondoner said:

And, incidentally, I could hear the furniture being moved from my Deck 7 cabin last week. I don't think it was loud enough to wake me, as on Deck 8 though. However, it might disturb a lighter sleeper.

We have had many cabins on deck 7, and never heard any noise from above. This is for both PG and Britannia.