Live! Navigator 4/18 thru 5/13

On 4/27/2022 at 3:51 PM, travel with friends said:

Two questions, I believe all the Regent ships have water refill stations but want to make sure that Navigator has refill water stations too, Do they? If so can someone please post a picture of them. The second question is, Are there personal hand sanitizers in each suite?  Thank you in advance.  Sailing in June 

Yes, there are refill stations, I’ll try any and post a picture but very easy to use and it gives you 3 options (cold, room temperature, warm). No, on the personal hand sanitizers, not like they used to. I’ve seen staff with them and I’m sure you can ask and get one.

Today we were in St. John, New Brunswick. Wonderful visit and very welcoming. There was going to be a fireworks welcoming last night,

but the weather did not allow that, wind, rain and low 30s. Today low 30s rain and snow and wind, but did not stop anybody. We had a nice send off. Rooftop send off, look like the news media up there and bag pipes and a tug boat with his fire hoses a blaze. Tomorrow is Halifax…

Last night show was wonderful, Ray sang and did his big bird lady puppet, and the general managers wife is a wonderful singer and the theater crew put on a great show last night. Tonight is World of Rhythms 🎶

9E14C72A-6EC6-4AD8-85C0-37F84203AAC9.jpeg

Edited by TucsonAnnie
  • Like 1

On 4/27/2022 at 3:51 PM, travel with friends said:

Two questions, I believe all the Regent ships have water refill stations but want to make sure that Navigator has refill water stations too, Do they? If so can someone please post a picture of them. The second question is, Are there personal hand sanitizers in each suite?  Thank you in advance.  Sailing in June 

Here you go on the pictures 😊

F37C0D32-2670-4EFC-BEFA-3CED8C52937B.jpeg

FE9F13B6-A18A-4F35-BCBB-5F56505B965B.jpeg

17 minutes ago, TucsonAnnie said:

Here you go on the pictures 😊

F37C0D32-2670-4EFC-BEFA-3CED8C52937B.jpeg

FE9F13B6-A18A-4F35-BCBB-5F56505B965B.jpeg

thank you very much, it does appear to be contactless except for the button to push for which option you want. looks as though the opening of the water bottle would not be cross contaminated either. thanks for the info on the hand sanitizers as well

51 minutes ago, travel with friends said:

thank you very much, it does appear to be contactless except for the button to push for which option you want. looks as though the opening of the water bottle would not be cross contaminated either. thanks for the info on the hand sanitizers as well

They gave us metal water bottles that we refill and take off the ship on our tours, but the bottles are not insulated.

20 minutes ago, TucsonAnnie said:

They gave us metal water bottles that we refill and take off the ship on our tours, but the bottles are not insulated.

Do the bottles fit in refrigerators in room?  On Splendor we were able to get regular bottled water since the Vero bottles would not fit in fridge.

3 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Do the bottles fit in refrigerators in room?  On Splendor we were able to get regular bottled water since the Vero bottles would not fit in fridge.

Yes, the metal bottles fit in the refrigerator.

Halifax-Lobsters and Lighthouses, if any future cruisers have chosen this excursion it’s an excellent, but it’s a full meal. They feed a you a whole 1.25 lb delicious lobster with all the sides and a late lunch, so I suggest don’t make any big dinner plans. Sorry no pictures, forgot my phone onboard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Sydney, Nova Scotia Pub Tour, great fun and another way to meet more of the ship mates. Taste of the local brews.

Walked to:

Island Folk Cider House (Wonderful)

Daniel’s Pub

The Old Triangle Irish Alehouse

59049DC2-4BC8-4715-A071-F1A81A0B6974.jpeg

93C4D678-D318-4CB3-BDD9-9C2B38FFE04B.jpeg

661A2597-418A-4755-B207-7D9BE1703B1D.jpeg

E7EC4241-6BC0-4C1A-AD9B-64D63F8E482D.jpeg

• Like 1

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island

Charming and friendly city, nice sunny but very chilly day. We did the horse-drawn trolley by a sweet young couple, nice tour of the city.

Loved their little tug.

3065F987-3F8F-4494-A2B2-186CFA28645B.jpeg

B76A83F2-B523-44F6-BEB7-6CF34D54C277.jpeg

71A97009-C6BF-4C47-8D5F-D2E765B2E3BF.jpeg

• Like 1

TucsonAnnie:  Reference my earlier (#7 and #9) Posts--And more-relevant, your #33-35 Posts: 

Appreciate the heads-up as to your just-experienced Shore Excursions. 

Of much interest to spouse and self, as we just booked May-June '23 B2B on Navigator.  Itinerary beginning at NYC on May 31 includes stops at Halifax and Sydney; return June portion via Bermuda  repeats Sydney and Halifax. However--no stop(s)--on either segment--shown at Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island (PEI).   

We can book excursions in about 30 days.  Certain to include Halifax's "Lobsters-Lighthouse", if offered, on way to Montreal.  Who knows?  If initial is great, maybe sign-on for a Wait-List repeat on the return segment to NYC. May want to, initially, schedule another Halifax Tour.    

These segments will, almost, approximate our previous 2012 Navigator B2B which included PEI.  So, we have been there. 

GOARMY!       

16 hours ago, GOARMY said:

TucsonAnnie:  Reference my earlier (#7 and #9) Posts--And more-relevant, your #33-35 Posts: 

Appreciate the heads-up as to your just-experienced Shore Excursions. 

Of much interest to spouse and self, as we just booked May-June '23 B2B on Navigator.  Itinerary beginning at NYC on May 31 includes stops at Halifax and Sydney; return June portion via Bermuda  repeats Sydney and Halifax. However--no stop(s)--on either segment--shown at Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island (PEI).   

We can book excursions in about 30 days.  Certain to include Halifax's "Lobsters-Lighthouse", if offered, on way to Montreal.  Who knows?  If initial is great, maybe sign-on for a Wait-List repeat on the return segment to NYC. May want to, initially, schedule another Halifax Tour.    

These segments will, almost, approximate our previous 2012 Navigator B2B which included PEI.  So, we have been there. 

GOARMY!       

From past experience with booked up Seven Seas excursions is when I have waitlisted it normally opens up one way or another.

Today we’re in Gaspesie, Quebec. Still some snow on the ground. We decided not to do our schedule walking tour, but many did. I’m sure has the weather warms up the walking tours are very enjoyable. 

BE667D13-E5A8-4117-A486-A4B8BAD29DD7.jpeg

• Like 1

Yes indeed, thank you for the wonderful pics and commentary! If time permits, would you let us know how Regent is handling the required testing for Bermuda.  Luckily for you, Bermuda is at the end of your trip vs. the beginning like the following cruise (which we are on).  Thanks again.

On 5/5/2022 at 9:16 AM, stines said:

Yes indeed, thank you for the wonderful pics and commentary! If time permits, would you let us know how Regent is handling the required testing for Bermuda.  Luckily for you, Bermuda is at the end of your trip vs. the beginning like the following cruise (which we are on).  Thanks again.

We received a letter a couple days ago with a Q-code and this morning between 9-11 am down in the Compass Rose they did the Antigen test. Using that Q-code that has your email and you receive your results within an hour. You then take your Bermuda health visa that you started prior to sailing (take your phone) down to the reception desk and open your email so they can get codes needed. All and all it’s ran smoothly if people listen to all the instructions. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stines said:

TusconAnnie,

One more question if you don’t mind… are all passengers required to test before arrival in Bermuda, regardless of one’s intention to leave the ship while in port? Thank you.

Yes, it’s a requirement of Bermuda. 

On 5/7/2022 at 11:03 AM, TucsonAnnie said:

We received a letter a couple days ago with a Q-code and this morning between 9-11 am down in the Compass Rose they did the Antigen test. Using that Q-code that has your email and you receive your results within an hour. You then take your Bermuda health visa that you started prior to sailing (take your phone) down to the reception desk and open your email so they can get codes needed. All and all it’s ran smoothly if people listen to all the instructions. 

We are just finding out this morning, that we needed to download our original covid test prior to boarding too, fyi.

So you’ll need to download 2 antigen covid test for approval:

1) Test prior to boarding 

2) Test taken 2 days before arrival into Bermuda (test taken onboard) all required.

I have no idea why they need the first test, because if it was positive we would not be here 🥴…. But it is what it is.

• Like 1

Thanks very much, TusconAnnie.  Very helpful. Any indication/clues if there were guests that tested positive?  I did see this morning that Navigator is in the CDC’s yellow status… an improvement. It had been Orange while in Barbados (of course due to the outbreak down there). Enjoy your time in Bermuda!

41 minutes ago, TucsonAnnie said:

We are just finding out this morning, that we needed to download our original covid test prior to boarding too, fyi.

So you’ll need to download 2 antigen covid test for approval:

1) Test prior to boarding 

2) Test taken 2 days before arrival into Bermuda (test taken onboard) all required.

I have no idea why they need the first test, because if it was positive we would not be here 🥴…. But it is what it is.

A third item that’s been mentioned about the Bermuda Health Visa, there are couples that share one email, you will need your own individual emails for these visas and also the covid testing that is done onboard.

Better to be prepared before your vacation, nobody likes surprises.

• Like 1

On 5/8/2022 at 1:34 PM, stines said:

Thanks very much, TusconAnnie.  Very helpful. Any indication/clues if there were guests that tested positive?  I did see this morning that Navigator is in the CDC’s yellow status… an improvement. It had been Orange while in Barbados (of course due to the outbreak down there). Enjoy your time in Bermuda!

Being I have no facts I’d rather not answer this question. 

• Thanks 1