PCR tests in Uk

jollyjoyce

I’m sorry to ask this as I read this info recently but am now unable to find the thread where it is located !
Can anyone in Uk please give advise on who to use for PCR tests pre travel. I know that by July when we travel we might not need these but would like to know in advance. We have had 2 jabs plus boosters but read that Azamara will cover expenses if we test positive at check in if we have PCR test results. 

Thank you.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, jollyjoyce said:

I’m sorry to ask this as I read this info recently but am now unable to find the thread where it is located !
Can anyone in Uk please give advise on who to use for PCR tests pre travel. I know that by July when we travel we might not need these but would like to know in advance. We have had 2 jabs plus boosters but read that Azamara will cover expenses if we test positive at check in if we have PCR test results. 

Thank you.

You only need an antigen test. It depends where you live but Dam Health, Express Test and Randox are reliable brands. 

14 hours ago, uktog said:

You only need an antigen test. It depends where you live but Dam Health, Express Test and Randox are reliable brands. 

Do you happen to know if the antigen test needs to be supervised or not.  I also can’t see anything about how long before boarding the test can be done.  We are spending two nights in a hotel pre cruise and ideally we would do the tests in the UK before we go.

2 minutes ago, earn said:

Do you happen to know if the antigen test needs to be supervised or not.  I also can’t see anything about how long before boarding the test can be done.  We are spending two nights in a hotel pre cruise and ideally we would do the tests in the UK before we go.

We never got an answer from Azamara on that one, gave up after hearing the interminable incorrect verbals whilst on hold trying to speak to a human.  You only need the test to be able to expect Azamara to pay if you test positive at the pier.  We decided not to get tested and to rely on our travel insurance and fortunately (as it was a bit vague whether the insurers covered us or not) we did not need to explore the matter any more.  The 20 minutes wait after your test at the pier is the longest 20 minutes of your life by the way!

1 hour ago, kool kruiser said:

I would definitely recommend a supervised test. Randox have a home supervised test for £11 if you collect from a local outlet, In our locality this would be a nearby newsagent. IMHO worth the nominal cost !!

This isn’t a PCR  though is it ?  So is it any different to an unsupervised Lateral Flow 

3 hours ago, Jem 12 said:

This isn’t a PCR  though is it ?  So is it any different to an unsupervised Lateral Flow 

Yes, because someone watches you put the swab up your nose and/or in your throat. If you do an unsupervised test you could just put the swab into the liquid without it going anywhere near your nose & throat - your test result would then definitely be negative.

I have heard of people doing this!

• Like 1

On 4/19/2022 at 2:33 PM, kool kruiser said:

I would definitely recommend a supervised test. Randox have a home supervised test for £11 if you collect from a local outlet, In our locality this would be a nearby newsagent. IMHO worth the nominal cost !!

On 4/21/2022 at 3:53 PM, kool kruiser said:

This is now perhaps academic due to the new Azamara protocols !!

Thank you.  My local newsagent is a pick up point too but I can’t find a supervised home Antigen test on the Randox website.  Any hints?