Cucina and Chibang.

lynninsc

2 hours ago, woodey said:

reservations are suggested when you get onboard. worth the extra $$ 

Is Chibang on any ships that are charging?  I thought it was just the Excel class?  Or is that a joke, that it's well worth the $0?

Either way, I do agree for Cucina, that pistachio pasta alone would have been worth an upcharge, and I understand it comes with shrimp on the for-fee ships.  Didn't dine at Chibang for dinner so can't really offer an opinion there.  If the OP was talking about MG, you are allowed to eat at them both no matter what dining you select, but YTD guests can start at 530p? And guests with a specific dining slot must wait until 730p? - I might have flubbed the exact time, but that's the basic idea.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lynninsc said:

Are these restaurants for my time dining guests only?  We are wait listed for MTD, if we are stuck with traditional dining will we not be allowed to eat at these venues?  

Make reservations on the hub app, usually little to no wait. If you don’t end up getting MTD then create your own. Chibang is IMO one of the best restaurants on board the ship. 

You will need to make reservations but they are usually blocked off until later in the evening after the ATD rush is over.  If you have ATD you can just check in on the Hub app for the first available seat.

Can confirm:  YTD folks can reserve MDR, Chibang! or the Cucina beginning at 5:30 each evening on the Hub app.  

Set-time diners can reserve the Cucina or Chibang beginning at 7:30 each evening.  (I'd check the app at around 7pm to see if reservations are enabled, though, on the "hey you never know" principle.)  

Note that any diners can also enjoy dinner at Guy's P&A without a reservation.  

I really wish we'd tried Chibang for dinner but the lackluster reviews kept us away.  However, my stir-fry bowl there, late on the last sea-day, was terrific.   

On the Mardi Gras, the Cucina and Chibang are NOT open on embark day, just on sea-days.  This is different from all other ships in the fleet equipped with the Cucina or Jiji's Asian Kitchen.